Chapter 57

Ana's POV

I woke up with a start. I don't know what woke me but it was still dark. I layed there for a moment before I'd remembered what had happened. Mom. Those few moments were blissful.

I put my arm across my face, I didn't think I had anymore tears left but they came again.

How long had I been in my room for? I didn't even know what day it was.

I could hear voices downstairs, but I didn't know who, nor did I care.

When did I last eat? I had no idea, I don't even remember the past few days, all I know is when I left mom I came to my room, I hadn't left it.

What was I going to do without mom? I can't even begin to imagine her not being here.

I got up and went into the bathroom, I looked in the mirror, I looked dreadful, my hair was a tangled mess and my eyes, they were red and puffy.

I turned off the light and crawled back into bed. I reached out my hand and yes he was still here, sleeping. I didn't want to wake him, I knew he was tired, I was just glad he was here.

I rolled over and snuggled up to his back, I put my arm around his waist and closed my eyes.

He'd come back for me, to be with me and I loved him for it.

I drifted off to sleep and when I opened my eyes this time it was daylight. I could hear rain on the roof.

I looked over at Matt, he was facing me and still asleep.

I rolled over to face him. I studied his face, he was so handsome, mom always called him handsome anyway, such a silly word. I smiled thinking about it. She had adored him.

"Stop staring." Matt murmured.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

He smiled and pulled me into his arms "Don't be sorry."

I kissed him. "Thankyou."

"For what?" he asked looking at me.

"For coming home, for coming here." I whispered.

He leaned over me and kissed me. "Ana." he murmured "I would do anything for you."

We layed there looking at eachother.

"We should go and see your dad today." he said out the blue.

He was right, I should. I couldn't spend my life hiding in my bedroom.

I nodded "Your right, I just....."

"I know." he whispered and kissed me again.

I kissed him back, pressing myself against him.

"I love you." I whispered looking into his eyes.

"Good." he said "Now can you shutup, I'm trying to make you feel better."

I smiled as his hand slid up my shirt and back.

"Show me how you plan on doing that."

"Oh I will." he murmured rolling me over onto my back.

And he did.