Chapter 8

Matt's POV

I left Ana's in the morning,  she was getting ready to take her mom to the hospital.

"Try and come tonight." I said hugging her "It won't be the same if your not there."

"I'll see how I feel." she said hugging me back.

I drove home thinking.

I was angry as fuck at Jake, I was close to just going to his house and confronting him, but I knew Ana would hate that.

She needed him right now and as usual he wasn't there.

I didn't know what to do for her, but I also knew she wasn't coping as well as she made out she was.

The rest of the day was spent laying on my couch.

Everyone was coming over at 7 but as usual Jimmy showed up early.

We sat down and had a beer and talked.

"Lilah's acting weird." he blurted out.

I shrugged at him, "Acting weird?"

Jimmy and Lilah had been having some strange on and off again relationship since high school, I never understood it, they'd meet other people,  date them for awhile but they always went back to each other.

"She won't let me see her and she said she's not coming tonight, I think she's met someone else." he said.

I just laughed "And that means nothing Jim, she'll be back, she always is."

"Well I'll be seeing her on Saturday at the wedding, she won't be able to avoid me then." he laughed "Is Ana coming?"

I didn't know, I hadn't heard from her.

"Actually I might call her. "

I picked up my phone and let it ring.

It rang out.

"Maybe I should go see if she's ok.?" I said looking at Jim.

"Look she'll be fine Matt, she's one of the strongest girl's I know, she's probably still with her mom."

I agreed but dialed her number again. This time she answered.

"Hey." was all she said.

"You coming over?" I asked.

"I'm sorry Matt, I'm just really tired and I think I'm just going to go to bed."

She sounded exhausted.

"Want me to come over?" I asked.

"Don't be silly, you have fun and I guess I'll just see you on Saturday."

I agreed and hung up.

I looked at Jim and shook my head.

"She's not coming."

"Well I guess it's just us guy's."

The front door opened and Zack and Brian walked in, with 3 girl's in tow.

"Uh I guess not." I said to Jim and we both laughed.

The night was looking up.