Chapter 25

Anastacia's POV

I couldn't believe Matt had come. Obviously Jimmy had called him and I wished he hadn't,  now I felt awkward.

We sat there saying nothing. I didn't know what to say.

"I'll go and ask what's happening." he said walking out of the door.

I watched him looking around for somebody. I looked at his arm's and I felt myself blush.

Jesus Ana,  I thought, it's not like you haven't seen his arm's before.

He must have found somebody because he walked out of sight.

I wished somebody would tell me what was going on and I wish I knew where the hell Josh was.

I sat there for five minutes wondering if maybe Matt had taken the opportunity to leave when he reappeared with a Doctor in tow.

"Ana" this doctor said "You'll be able to see your mom soon, she had some fluid on her lungs so we've had to drain it, which is a sm....."

I cut him off "Yes I'm a nurse you don't have to explain it."

"Well ok then, well we're just making her comfortable then you'll be able to go in and see her, of course we'll be keeping her here for a few days, just to monitor her but I'm sure you already know that. " he said and turned and walked out.

Well that was rude.

I must have had a shocked look on my face.

"Well you were rude to him." Matt said.

"I didn't mean to be." I sat down again and we went back to our awkward silence.

I thought about mom, she wouldn't want to be here, I had to take her home, she'd told me so many time's that she did not want to die in a hospital,  that she wanted to die at home,  with everybody there.

I felt a tear slide down my cheek and I quickly wiped it away.

"Ana" Matt said softly.

"You can see her now." A nurse interrupted.

Thank god because I didn't want to hear what Matt had to say.

I stood up and followed the nurse.

"Are you family?" she asked Matt.

I looked at them, Matt had his mouth open, about to say something,  I cut him off "Yes he is."

She opened the door and we walked in.

Dad was sitting in a chair in the corner,  he looked terrible and had obviously been crying.

He smiled weakly at me.

I looked over at mom and I was shocked by what I saw.

She was surrounded by machines and tube and everything beeping.

"She doesn't want this." I said angrily "Not at all, she would hate this."

I glared at dad, he just shook his head.

"How can you let them do this?" I cried at him.

I felt Matt put his hand on my shoulder, I stepped away and shifted my glare to him.