Chapter 13

Anastacia's POV

I was glad to finally get to the venue.

I was sick of smiling.
We walked in, smiling of course, and went to our seats.
I looked around and immediately found Matt, I smiled at him too, thank god I had him in my life.
And thank god there was wine.
I picked it up and took and drink.
"Don't you get drunk." Stacey leant over and said to me.
"I'm not." I assured her.
I saw Jake sitting there, I actually couldn't believe he'd come.
I didn't know what to do about him.
I didn't even know if I wanted to be with him anymore....With everything going on with mom I didn't have time to deal with him and his games.
I was starving and glad when our meals arrived, I wanted all the formalities over with so I could relax and have a bit of fun.
I needed it.
I looked at mom, she wasn't eating, which was no surprise,  she hardly ever ate anymore.
I looked at Matt and the guy's, they were laughing and joking around.
Matt looked over and winked at me.
I wished I was at their table, instead of sitting up here on show with everyone watching us.
After the food there was a bit of time to talk to people.
I started walking straight over to Matt.
"Having fun?" I asked
He laughed "Are you?"
"Look at me, would you ever see me wearing this?" I said indicating to my dress and shoes.
"Maybe you should, it looks good on you." he smiled.
I leant down and kissed his cheek "Always trying to make me feel better."
"It's what I do." he winked again.
Suddenly someone grabbed my arm.
I turned around and Jake was standing there.
"We need to talk." he said glaring at Matt.
I snatched my arm away "Well it certainly won't be now, go away."
"Go away Jake." Matt growled and I sensed something had already happened between those two.
"Really Anastacia this has gone on too long...now let's talk." he said.
Arghh I hated that he used my whole name, it always made me feel like I was in trouble.
Suddenly we were asked to go back to our seats.
"Well it won't be tonight" I snapped and walked away.
The speeches started and I sat there half listening and pretending to look interested,  that was until my dad got up.
I didn't want to hear this, I wanted to get up and leave.
I looked down at my hands and closed my eyes.
"We were blessed with two beautiful daughters and a wonderful son" he started off "and we're lucky to see one of them start a new chapter in her life tonight. As you know we bought this wedding forward for a reason...."
I sat there and listened but didn't want to, he was talking about mom and I didn't want to hear anymore.
I felt water dripping on my hands and I realized I was crying.
I looked up.
Stacey was crying, Dad was crying, Josh was crying, Martin was crying, hell the only one who wasn't was mom.
I looked back down again, I didn't want everyone seeing me like this, it was horrible.
I hated that I was doing this, crying all the time.
I felt someone touch my arm.
I looked to my left and Matt was hunched down next to me.
I grabbed his hand and I turned to face him.
He opened his arms and I put my head on his shoulder and cried.