Chapter 67

Ana's POV

I was so glad Matt was home, I'd missed him so much.  I was listening to him sleep. I'd woken up when he went to the bathroom and now I couldn't go back to sleep. I listened to him sleep and thought about this baby. When was I going to tell Matt? How was I going to tell Matt? I just can't blurt it out, it was a life changing thing. What if he didn't want it? What if he rejected me because of it?

Jesus Ana, stop, I told myself. I was working my self up into a state. I rolled over and looked at Matt. I don't know what I'd do if he left me, the thought terrified me. I reached out and touched him, he didn't move. I wanted to wake him up, the more I layed there thinking about this baby, the more anxious I became.

"Matt." I whispered.

No reply, he was sound asleep.

What if he's not? What if he's ignoring you?

"Oh god stop." I groaned.

"What, stop what, what's wrong?" Matt asked reaching out for me.

I wanted to tell him that I was scared, that the thought of having a baby terrified me, but I couldn't  because I hadn't even told him yet.

"Just a dream." I told him. "Go back to sleep."

"Are you sure?" He asked kissing my forehead.

"Yes, sleep." I snuggled into him, glad to have him back.

I opened my eye's and it was daylight. I layed there for a moment because I knew as soon as I moved, as soon as I got up, I would feel sick. The Doctor had assured me it would pass, I just wish it would hurry up.

Matt walked into the room. He was dressed, obviously going somewhere. He sat on the bed and put his shoes on.

"Are you going out?" I asked.

"Yeah, I got some stuff to do." He stood up "I'll be back later."

"What?" I asked.

"Band stuff." was all he said "Seeya." And he walked out and left.

I was shocked at the way he'd left. Obviously I'd done something, I just didn't know what.

I had to get up, I needed the bathroom, but I knew as soon as I got up I'd feel sick, the nausea was already starting.

I put it off for another five minutes but then I got up. A mistake, I vomited. When I finally stopped I went over to the sink to wash my face, as I grabbed a towel I looked down and knew exactly why Matt had left in a hurry, the pregnancy test was sitting right there. He'd found it. 

I groaned and made my way back to the bed, he'd found it and he'd freaked out and left. It was obvious that's what had happened.

Should I call him? I didn't know. I didn't know what to do. I wanted to cry. What was I going to do now?

Calm down, I told myself, he hasn't left you. Well what do you call that?

Oh god I couldn't lay in this bed crying all day, I refused to.

I got up and showered and went downstairs, I thought about eating, but I couldn't, I felt too sick. I layed on the lounge closing my eye's and put my hand on my stomach, I still couldn't believe there was a baby in there.

I really wanted to call Matt, the way he'd left frightened me, he just walked out, no kiss, nothing.

That was it, I picked up phone and called him.

"What's up." He answered virtually straight away.

"I....why..........are you okay?" I really didn't know what to say.

"What?" He asked.

"Are you coming home?" I was getting upset, I could feel tears coming.

"I'm just in the middle of something Ana." He sounded impatient,  he never sounded impatient.

"You can't even answer me." I cried and hung up.

I sat there crying. How was I going to have a baby by myself? I couldn't raise a child by myself, maybe if I had mom, but not now.  I stood up, to do what, I didn't know, I sat back down and then I stood up again.

Calm down Ana, I tried to tell myself, but I was starting to panick, I was in a situation I didn't think I could deal with.

Call Lilah, yes that's what I'd do, call Lilah.

Now I couldn't find my phone, where the hell did I put it, I couldn't see it anywhere. It must be down in between the couch.

I walked over and started pulling the cushions off, where was it?

The front door opened "Ana, what are you doing? What is wrong?" Matt asked walking in.

"I can't find my phone, I don't know where I put it." I pulled off another cushion.

"We'll find it, it's ok."He walked over and grabbed my hands.

"Will we?" I asked, I was on the verge of hysteria and I needed to calm down "And it's not okay Matt, is it, I have this." I waved my hand at my stomach "This wasn't supposed to happen."

He grabbed my face in his hands. "Ana, it's our baby, how can it not be fine?"

I looked at him, really, did he say that?

He smiled "I loved you before but now, now, your amazing."

And he kissed me.