Chapter 70

Matt's POV

Ana absolutely terrified me when she woke me up in the middle of the night crying, I didn't know what the hell was going on, all I heard her saying was that she needed to go to the hospital.

I sat in that room, listening to what the doctor's were saying, but worse was listening to Ana cry. I didn't understand how any of this could be happening, it made no sense to me.

I tried to comfort Ana, but she wouldn't have a bar of it, she refused to look at me and just layed there crying. I wanted to tell her my heart was breaking too, but I didn't know how.

When we got home and got into bed I wanted to wrap her up in my arms, but she moved so far over the other side of bed, it was obvious she wanted nothing from me. I layed there listening to her cry quietly until I eventually fell asleep.

I woke up early, showered and made some breakfast. I went and got Ana, we needed to talk, I wasn't going to pretend this didn't happen.

She came downstairs and ate, she still refused to look at me. I attempted to talk to her but she cut me off, then she told me to go, that she wanted to be alone and I'm ashamed to admit that I did, I grabbed my keys and left.

I went back to my house and sat there thinking for most of the day. What was I going to do? But what could I do, she was pushing me away.

Mid afternoon I went over to Brian's,  that was a mistake that I'll never forgive myself for, as soon as I walked in, he handed me a drink. So we sat there drinking and I ended up telling him everything. The other guys came over and it ended up turning into a huge drinking session, I wiped myself out, instead of being with my girlfriend, I got drunk with my friends.

Which was where I was now, I opened my eye's, I was laying on Brian's couch, and christ my head hurt. I looked at the time, it was almost 1pm. Crap, I needed to get home. I checked my phone, there were no missed calls from Ana. She didn't want me around.

I layed back down and closed my eye's. What was I going to do? I knew when Ana was like this there was nothing I could do.

Laying here was achieving nothing, so I drove home, I called it home, because it seemed like home, but when I pulled up Ana wasn't there anyway, her car was gone.

I let myself in wondering where she was? I honestly had no idea.

I had a shower and layed on the bed, trying to sleep, but thinking instead. I hate when she pushed me away, I mean this was happening to me too.

Walkaway,  a voice in my head whispered. Could I do that? Could I just walk away?

I groaned and put my arm across my eye's. I knew what I had to do, no, I knew what I wanted to do.

I sat up and looked around. Yes, I needed to do this, I didn't know how Ana would react, but now I'd made up my mind, I didn't care.