Chapter 31

Anastacia's POV

I was disappointed that Matt didn't want to stay awhile but he had things to do.

So I spent the afternoon sulking around the house.

I didn't want to go out with Jake tonight, I wanted to be with Matt.

I realized that it would never happen and that at least I had him as my friend.

Eventually I got ready and as requested I made sure I was wearing something nice. I wanted to ask him if what I usually wore wasn't nice?

Jake arrived promptly at 7 and he drove to the restaurant.

It was very nice and fancy looking and in all honesty I felt out of place.

We were shown to our table, which was tucked away in corner by itself.

Jake ordered drinks, which he always did, he never asked me what I wanted.

"You look lovely Ana." he said.

Lovely, what does that even mean?

"Um thanks."

"So anyway we need to stop all of this nonsense,  you know, not talking and stuff, I don't like it and well I missed you." he told me.

Nonsense!  If I remembered correctly he was the one who started it by just not answering my calls and pretending I didn't exist and why, because I cancelled on him to see my mother.

I listened to him throughout dinner, talking about himself, talking about me. I couldn't wait for it to be over.

Finally dessert came and as I was about to eat it Jake pulled something out of his pocket.

"Ana, I wanted to ask you something." he started.

Oh no, please no.

"Well I think it's about time we got married."

No no no no no no no no no.

"We could organize it quickly,  for your mom, I think she'd like to see both of her girls happy, don't you?"

I can't believe he bought my mom into this, but he was right, she would like it.

I didn't know what to say or do!

"You don't have to answer me now, take a few days, but take this." And he slipped a ring onto my finger.

"Well I'll have to think about it because I'm just not sure Jake, I'm sorry." I told him.

"I understand. " he said and he picked up my hand "Just don't take too long, I'd like to get things organized quickly so you know, your mom and that."

And he had to bring up my mom again.

Did she want to see me married, I didn't know.

Oh god, what was I going to do, I just didn't know.

He kissed me when he dropped me at home but didn't come in.

I got changed and climbed into bed.

I thought about Matt. What would he say? He wouldn't like it at all but that was because he didn't like Jake not because of me.

I had a lot of thinking to do.