Chapter 44

Jay's POV

Many hours had passed and we've finally reached the house. I got off of Hunter as soon as they stopped. I looked around to find nothing changed. From the outside of course, but the inside? I'll have to see.

"We'll go in first." Noah informed as I see him fully dressed along with Hunter.

"Yeah, we wouldn't want them to be shocked or anything." Hunter explained as I understood.

"It's only been 4 months. I know how they'll be, but sure. I'll wait for the signal."

They nodded and left me alone outside. I watched them open the door and entered in, leaving the door a bit open. I tucked in my lips together and looked down as I kicked little pebbles.

'You can come in now.' Hunter said through mind linked as I looked up and took many steps forwards until I reached the door.

I took a deep breath knowing how much I've made mistakes from leaving and coming right back in. I peeked inside and went all the way in as I closed the door from behind. I walked into the living room to find no one there.

'Where are you guys?' I questioned through mind link.

'Kristoffer's room. Upstairs.' He replied as I went to the stairs.

Things haven't changed much at all in my eyes. That made me feel sad a bit as my heart clenched. The feeling of a heartache, my emotions were returning. Every time it's near those I love..

Kristoffer's scent has distracted me from my moment of thoughts and tracks. I looked at the door I had passed by and stared at it. Gulping down the nervousness that was stuck in my throat, I held the doorknob. Twisting it and opening it wide. I blinked and went inside, all eyes were on me. No one said a word and I saw a young man who had a baby face sleeping..

"How is he?" I questioned breaking the silence.

I walked even closer to Kristoffer's bed as the rest stepped out of my way. I tilted my head to the side as I held his hand.

"Improving. The wound is slowly healing in its own pace. The doctor doesn't know how it was possible since he should've healed sooner without being unconscious, but I don't know. He's just been resting." James had explained as I nodded.

"Mommy?" I heard in the crowd as my eyes moved up to the window to see a reflection of a little girl holding Bobo, the teddy dog that Kristoffer had given her.

I turned around and saw her eyes watering and sniffling. She was running towards me, but Eric had stopped her from approaching me.

"Angel." He said in a warning and yet a soft tone.

I gave a small smile, "how are you my dear Angel?"

"I missed you.. Uncle let go." She whined as she tried pushing his hand off her, but couldn't.

"No Angel. Not now." He said in gritted teeth.

I gave out a deep growl that made them look at me shockingly, "she said let go Eric."

He hesitated, but followed my command. She ran towards me and hugged me as I did the same with her.
I missed her hug..

"I'm glad you're home.." She whispered and pulled away, "what took you so long.."

I smiled and caressed her cheeks, "I did it for your safety. I had a mission to do and I fixed the last one."

"What sort of mission mommy?" She questioned as I looked at her sleepless and puffy eyes.