Chapter 51

Hunter's POV

I've honestly never seen boss this worried. But how could I blame him? It is a possibility that the past might've been repeating itself, but for what cause?

Was it because they were all similar to each other? The connection? What is it that makes them all connected towards one another? Blood lines? Or maybe perhaps the situation.?

I simply don't get it. I mean, almost every man would fall for her. I did once, but I lost her out of sight. Actually, I wasn't even suppose say anything, but it wouldn't hurt to think. I'm glad to see her with her mate and all. I wasn't too head over heals for her, she's unique in a SEVERAL ways which makes her very rare..

"Hunter." A voice had interrupted my way of thinking. I looked up looking completely dumb founded.

"Huh?"

"It was your turn. We've been calling your name for about 10 minutes there bud." Gabriel had said as I looked down at my cards.

I sighed, "eh I'm out. I'll fold. I'll be outside when you or the boss needs me." I said as I set down my cards and walked out of the living room.

I love how when you go outside, you can already hear the ocean hitting the surface of the sand or rocks. The fresh cold breeze on a sunny day makes a perfect weather. Children's laughter had filled my ears as I looked to see Dean and Angel playing in the sand.

My eyes trailed over to Jay near the ocean. The wind blowing her hair, her face focused and lost into the distance.

'I wonder what she has in mind?'

'Then you should go and talk to her.' My wolf, Brian had suggested.

'Don't you think it might be a bad idea? I mean she probably has a lot in mind.'

'Look, it's not bad to talk to her even if you have something bottled up inside. Just try and talk to her. You rarely talk that much to her ever since we got here.'

'I don't know Bri.. It's just strange. After what Eli said, I feel the urge to tell her, but I know it won't be good. Who knows? I might be just telling her some crap that won't even come true?'

'Don't Hunt. The girl has been through too much to deal with another problem. It seems to me that she still doesn't know much when it comes to controlling her own thoughts and self to prevent her from leaving.'

'I get that. I really do, but Brian. You can't tell me that you don't feel bad with knowing this huge information that she's part of.'

'It's a big secret to keep, yes. But you can't. Not yet at least. We came here to have a good tome, not ruin it. Besides? I don't think neither of us could handle seeing her run off again. She was kidnapped and kept to be experimented by those sick bastards. I don't want to risk her getting hurt.' He growled and spoke almost so bitter during the last sentences he's stated.

'Do you think I want her going into that phase again? Why are you being possessive anyways? She's not your mate. She clearly has one and second of all, she's already dated one dude here who's clearly not over her.' I argued.

'Oh like we aren't? We're in the exact same position as Steven. She just doesn't simply know what happened that night when we saved her-'

'Don't Brian. We swore to never speak of that moment ever again.' I said in a commanding tone.

He growls, 'whatever. I don't have to tell you because you think of it everyday damn day and I'm getting sick of it. It hurts to think that we had her once. I don't even have to say it for you to remember it. You just simply think of it whenever she's around. Just go talk to her before it's too late to even have a conversation with her.'