Chapter 40

Eric's POV

- 4 Months Later -

It's been 4 months ever since Jay had disappeared again from our lives.. From me.. It's not the first time this happened. But it hurts.. It feels like the past has repeated itself all over again, except maybe this time it's worse. But I'm glad I won't have to tell mama and papa for awhile.. Not for now, it's not safe for them to be home and thankfully, they've been busy with work.

Other than that, I felt the same as I was as a child. The only difference was, I wasn't finding her this time.. I've been locked up and alone in this room Eli had given me because he understood my pain. My mate, she's been a sweet heart and has been checking up on me and sometimes even sleeping with me here at night. The womb inside her, how can I forget?

The baby had been growing bigger, right now it's a size of a watermelon. My mate and my child had been distracting me from most parts, but I forbid myself from going out this room. It worries them all, but how could they blame me?

I've hoped and prayed from the Moon Goddess to keep an eye on her and to always keep her safe at all cost.. This has me all troubled, but Kristoffer had it worse.. Not being with his mate had worried him a lot.

All he's done was stare at that same broken window that was then fixed a couple of days later when Jay had ran off.

Kristoffer had rarely even eaten nor slept. But I can agree with him on the lack of sleep.. He cries and always had been moody to the point his anger gets out of control and lashes out to anyone. Eli always had to use the dart gun to let him fall asleep.

Next, it's Steven. The guy barely notices his own mate and worries about Jay. I never really see him around that much, but I feel that part of him still loves her more than just a friend..

Even Angel for this matter..

Poor child. Suffering from the loss of her mother and a father who's lost control and became a bit violent right before her eyes. Both Jay and Kristoffer had been affecting her lately that sometimes, Hunter had to sleep with her along with his little brother Dean.

Everyone here is suffering from this madness, but what can we do.? We can't move on at this very minute or maybe even ever? 4 months had passed and there's no improvement from our emotional state of health.

Eli had been torturing Levi so much now that this time, barely any questions are even asked. It's plain violent. As for Hunter, well.. He's been going out looking for her. Yet he comes home empty handed.

So far living with them weren't as bad as we could've thought. We may had been misunderstanding them from the beginning, but we weren't officially sure whether or not they were deceiving us.. But so far, they've treated us nicely and with respect. Is that a way to get around, to make it easier for someone to deceive anyone?

On the other hand, I've always wondered how long this torture will be for us till we could at least be happy again as a family..

"Eric." A voice interrupted as I looked at the door to see Hunter with some ripped cloth on his hand.

"What's that?" I questioned nodding my head on the piece of cloth he held.

"It's Jay. Her scent is all over it. I found this a couple of miles down South. I took some different routes and I went to the old bar I was at when I first met her. I smelled this right outside of the bar." He came close to me and set it down the bed as I held it on my hand, observing it.