Chapter 50

Eli's POV

I walked away from them after explaining what the story was within the ring. So many people had died loving. Some from natural causes and some just bad luck, and most.. Hah, most was out of love.

I stayed near the end of the wall and laid my back on it. Staring straight towards Kristoffer as I watched him finally handing Jay the ring. She seemed surprised and he looked happy and scared at the same time. Probably because of the warning we've told him.

Having to witness it was funny, but it quickly shifted into a wonderful moment. Jay gladly accepted the promise ring as she excitedly hugs him. Every girls happiness lies on rings. Promises, commitments, love, and trusts. Another level of having that perfect relationships even though there are some down sides to it.

My attention then turns towards Steven who glances towards Jay's direction. That pain in his eyes was relatable.. Watching someone you love with someone else is a heart break that won't ever heal.. Trust me. My heart is still wounded, but Robin was the only girl I ever saw and love in this world.

I sighed and took out a necklace I hide inside of my shirt. A present of a pocket watch. I open it to see the time that has stopped long ago.. The time when she had passed and the picture clipped on the left was her. My love. My only Robin..

The picture I have taken of her when we'd spend our youthful time together.. We were young back then. But we cared about each other. We trusted one another with our lives. We also loved each other.. Somehow, we once did..

~ Flashback ~

I had my camera set and ready. The family went out for a hunt, but me? I never really join in. Hunting wasn't really my thing I guess? I mean I love hunting other things like fishing, but animals? You can count me out.

I can never harm animals, even before. Ever since I've met her, it makes me not want to harm any other animals at all. Trained or not, I won't ever do that to Robin. Not now and not ever.

"Eli!" A feminine voice had called out as I looked up. I wasn't able to see her face because she ran into me so quickly for a hug, but her light brown hair reflected on the sun rays.

I hugged her back, "hi Robin? What's with the hug?" I questioned.

She pulled away with the a beautiful excited smile on her face, "I get to hang around with you for today! Lately it's been busy with them training me and all. The whole 'less freedom, more work' sort of thing really bites you in the ass."

I chuckled, "welcome to the club. They've been trying to convince me to actually go hunting with them."

"Why don't you go?" She questioned.

"I don't like harming animals and plus I have no power like they do. If I'm up for hunting with the Legacy douchebags then you know. It'll make me turn into someone I'm not."

She nodded as I stopped looking at her and looked down on my camera where it was the only thing I liked doing. It captures anything that I want to that in the future, I can remember them. Even if I've forgotten the moment, I'll have these pictures to make me remind me what I had.

"You know." She started off and stood close to me, "you've always been a kind hearted man. I mean it's not everyday you see someone who's family are hunters and you. Well you don't participate in any of the killings with them."

I gave a short chuckle, "eh being 'kind hearted' isn't always good."

"Hmm. No it isn't and yet here you are."