Chapter 77

We were in this huge room, it looked like a meeting place? All I know who is here are Janine, Eric, Alec, another girl, and Kristoffer. They all still never seemed to get use to the fact that I'm just Isobel considering the faces the three people who knew me yesterday still made the same faces. I'm not sure I can really blame them.

"Hey guys she just came. You guys know her, but Sofia, this is Isobel. Isobel meet my wife I told you about. She's Sofia, but she prefers Pia."

I smiled at her and reached out my hand, "nice to meet you. I've heard some stuff about you. Congratulations on the baby too."

She smiled and blinked, but the smile quickly went away with disturbance. "She does look like her. Identical."

"Yeah. Steven actually saw her and he wouldn't pay attention to his brat of a fiancé who we thought was gonna be nice."

"No kidding. How did she feel when she noticed her man is staring at another woman?" Janine questioned.

"Probably hated it. Isobel was very bold, it was hilarious. Anyways I explained to Isobel why she's such a shocker to this family" Alec laughed as they all looked at me.

"You have?" Eric said.

Alec nodded, but Kristoffer decided to change the subject to explain very simple rules he says. But it was a lot more difficult as it sounds.

"You can practically make yourself at home here, but at the same time, you will have to babysit Trevor and two kids named Angel and Dean. Now Angel has a lot of history with Jay. She counts Jay as her mother during their time in the orphanage. So seeing you might mistake her for her deceased mom."

I bit my bottom lip before speaking, "I know I look identical to Jay, but I don't think it's really a good idea. Thinking of it now, this Jay person has made a huge impact in all of your lives and me coming in won't do. She just passed two years ago and not many of you seem to heal yet and I'm very sure that it won't be good to the kids. Especially Angel."

Kristoffer had gone close to me with his hand reaching for mine. He held my hands tight and looked into my eyes. "No no we're fine we promise. We really need you to babysit the kids. Please." He pleaded.

I blinked my eyes and looked over at Alec who held a picture of Kristoffer with Jay in his arms. He even made a heart to be more specific, but from what I could see I can tell Kristoffer still haven't moved on and as for Alec, he had a goofy personality.

I pulled my hands away and crossed my arms to hide them, "look I'm sorry. I should've thought about this more sooner if I was informed by this situation of me looking identical towards a deceased person."

"You wouldn't have believed us if we told you about her being identical to you." Janine defended.

"Right, but I would understand. Explaining yourself would've been helpful, but this isn't healthy."

"You're right, but that still means we would look like idiots having to explain such a complicated story towards why and how you look like her. We want to know why you're the way you are and how you look exactly like her in every shade of matter." Eric explained.

"I am not a test subject for you all to study. I am not a substitute of her. And I will never be Jay. I'm sorry, but I don't think I would like to continue this meeting." As soon as I was about to leave, Kristoffer had blocked my way.

"No no no we're not like that." He said breathless, his eyes dilating, and his forehead was a bit sweaty. "We promise. We just-"

He was lost in words. He looked at the rest trying to have someone swoop in to save the damsel in distress. He didn't know what to say, which made it even harder to believe him.

"It's honestly too much to take in. I don't feel comfortable being here with all of you seeing me as someone else. I'm not sure how we could all work this out." I said truthfully. I wasn't exactly sure what their motives were, but it had to be explained.

"Daddy what's-" A small voice came and I turned around to see the door opened with a little girl and boy standing beside each other. She looked at me in shock before running towards me with a tight hug.

"Mommy!"