Chapter 54

Kristoffer's POV

I waited for Jay to come inside the room, but she still hasn't stopped by. I looked at the time to see she was an hour and half late.

'I wonder what she's been doing? What does her, Eli and Hunter have to discuss that seems so important??' I thought.

"Daddy.?" A voice interrupted me.

I looked down on the bed to where Angel laid. She looked weak for the first time.. Less hyper active, enthusiastic, sarcastic and all other things that makes her Angel. She just looks so.. Vulnerable..

"Yes Angel?" I said softly and sat next to her.

"Where's mommy.?" She questioned as some tears slipped from the corner of her eyes..

"Taking care of some business to make sure you're safe.. How are you feeling hm?" I asked out of curiosity and worry.

"I'm still hurting.. I'm sorry for-"

She was cut off by the door opening and closing, "hi.. Sorry I'm late- Angel.. Are you feeling better?" Jay asked as she rushed beside her.

I avoided her presence, feeling uneasy that she's keeping secrets.. Maybe something that could hurt me.? I mean her and Hunter was getting pretty close.. He was naked earlier because of "shifting" but I didn't feel anything bad to accuse her with such things..

"I'm still hurting mommy.. I'm sorry for not telling you and daddy that was in the woods with Dean.. We were just playing and we didn't notice.."

"Shh. It's fine, we'll talk about it when you're all healed up. But for now, rest." She whispered.

My focus was on Angel, but I saw Jay kiss her on the forehead before Angel fell asleep as quickly as she possibly could. Angel was the type of child who was easy to fall asleep, it was good, but not at this moment.

I glanced at Jay, but focused it back again on Angel.

"Why were you so late?? You're already an hour and a half late." I whispered.

"You kept track of time?" She asked as I looked at her.

"I just looked at the time. Then I remembered how long you've been gone." I said with a bit of a sassy tone from what I hear it.

"Oh, well yeah. I had a meeting with Eli and Hunter. I thought I told you??" She said, looking confused.

"Was that all?" I watched her eyebrows raise. One eyebrow was up while the other was down.

"Yes? It was just having to secure the house and which part of the perimeters are to be guarded. Starting by tomorrow, Eli, Hunter, and I will travel around the perimeters again while the others surround the house. You and Steven can stay up here and guard Angel and Dean with Janine of course since she's pregnant."

"Why are you going back out there? Why can't you just join in here with us?" I questioned feeling curiosity.

"Because Hunter and I can show Eli the place where Angel was attacked, but we could be out numbered which is why I'm the back up. While here, you have many guys and weapons in sight. We only have Eli with a weapon or two, but I'll be able to handle protecting both Hunter and Eli when needed."

'I sense that there's more to this from what she's telling me..' I thought to myself.

"I see. Any news from earlier when you did search the perimeters?" I questioned as she thought.

"Nothing specific no. Except for Angel's hair bow covered in blood, but that's practically it. No other scents or anything."

"Can I come and help you, Eli, and Hunter? Since Steven and Janine will be here. Maybe even perhaps Eric considering his mate will be up here." I questioned, hoping for a sign that shows something might be up.