Chapter 35

We walked down to the living room which took forever. To add on, the living room did look big. Book shelves were somewhat everywhere, huge couch with two other leathered seats, pool table, so many different kinds of alcohol on the counter, fireplace, huge screen tv, and two big windows that you can clearly see the outside.

But one white silver hair had his back turned on us as he got himself a drink of alcohol. Vodka perhaps? He was dressed well also, suit and tie was how it looked. Like Eli's, but instead of black it was more gray, but his skin was a bit pale. Who is this?

"Hunter. Come here please?" Eli asked disturbing the boy, well more of a man in the middle of his drinking.

He turned around and he looked a bit familiar to me.. His face, those hazel eyes, lips, and that tattoo on his neck. Have I met him before?

"Oh hey dad." He said and walked towards us as he eyed me looking down to my feet and up, "um is she your new..."

"Oh no noo not that." He gave a nervous laugh, "she's my niece. I bought her the dress because we were going somewhere to eat?"

He nodded, "I'm Hunter. You are?"

'Hunter? Hm have I seen you before? Is he an actual hunter too?' I sort of laughed thinking about that stupid remark, but he could be?

"Jay." I gave a small smile as he returned one back.

"Alright let's go!" I looked at Eli and shook my head.

"No no. No. Eli you promised we were gonna go to my family." I warned.

"You said after dinnnerrr." He whined like a little kid.

I crossed my arm, "you better. You'd be the worst uncle if you didn't."

"Did you just call me uncle?" He questioned as I walked past him.

"Did you just call me niece?" I questioned back mockingly as I heard footsteps following me and a chuckle from behind.

"I like your niece." He whispered.

"Yeah, yeah. She's gonna be worse later on." Eli replied.

"I can hear you. If you say anything more, I will go there and beat the crap out of you. I'm still a bit angry." I warned as I heard groaning.

We walked to the car while I still kept my family in mind. Wondering how they were, what they're doing, and how everyone is in general.

But one thing was on my mind. I mean, I never understood violence? From what Eli had told me, fearing someone of your own presence was a way for them to obey another person. It makes me wonder if he'd ever lived off to fear someone to think that way..

Maybe being with him might get me to know something I never knew.

--

We finally arrived and made it down to this restaurant called, "Haven" in fancy and glowing letters, without killing each other or being on each other's asses. We were the only car parked at this place, no one was really inside. We're we on some scheduled place??

"Here we are. Hunter, Jay, you two head on inside. I need to talk to the manager." Eli informed as Hunter nodded his and walked ahead.

I looked at Eli strangely and followed behind. Hunter and I reached the inside to see such a beautiful place. Chandelier lights up above, white, tan, and golden colored walls, the floor was maroon colored and the table and seats were all set up perfectly with pearly white sheets and the chairs were a perfect shade of brown as the trees that were glazed.