Chapter 78

- A few hours later -

I ended up actually staying in this house rather than leaving. I was persuaded by so many people, but the only time I was convinced was by that little girl who called me "mommy." She was the most reasonable and a very wise child. Even though she's a child, she's like an adult and understood the fact that even though I'm not entirely like Jay, she was still fond with me.

The people here, they seem to be nice, but I'm not sure if I can trust the motives they give out. It's suspicious to take me in as a babysitter when I look exactly like Jay, I'm just not sure what they're thinking.

"So Isobel, you've met my uncle Steven right?" Angel said with a smile as she tried braiding her hair while sitting on my so called bed.

"Um yes I have. The one with the fiancé?" After meeting everyone, I wasn't quite sure who was who since there's a lot of information packed in my brain.

"Yeah. Her. Ugh she's such a gold digger."

I raised an eyebrow towards her, "language." I said surprised.

"I'm sorry. She just is, she's a gold digger and my uncle is a user. He's only with her because she's a rebound. She gives him everything and he does the same except he treats her like trash sometimes. He doesn't care."

"You may sound wise, but you are a gossiper for your age. How old are you?"

"I'm 7. I'm not entirely a gossiper. If you'll be babysitting us, then you should know everything that's happening in this house."

"I'll only be here for three weeks. I wouldn't need to know much since it's not my business."

"Oh it will be. People here will treat you like you're a family because you're like my mommy. She was very strict and kept everything to herself because she's never had any companies for years. She ran away from my uncle Eric's family to hunt these hunters who murdered her parents when she was a baby and then she bumped into auntie Pia and she is very secretive and mysterious. Honest too just like you."

I narrowed my eyes at her hearing so many information all at once, but it's interesting. "Angel."

She looked at her hair for a little while before looking up at me innocently, "hm?"

"What did you mean by your 'mommy' hunting hunters?" I questioned as she smirked.

"I thought it wasn't your business? Why feel so interested now?"

I rolled my eyes, but gave a half smile. "You're an evil child. Using my words against mine."

She shrugs with a laugh, "still wanna know?"

I gave a sigh and moved my fingers towards me, "give it to me."

"My mom was a hunter. Her parents were murdered by her own family for disobeying her own blood for giving birth to a child who is not only a legacy hunter, but also a werewolf. My mommy was a hybrid and just because of that, her mom and dad was attacked by her grandfather and their clan. My mommy was called an abomination for being a hybrid and most of the legacy hunters had died because her parents were helped by werewolves and they protected her parents and killed most of the legacy hunters. Some escaped and those legacy hunters who was still alive were being tracked down by my mommy for her to seek revenge and kill them."

"So you mean to say that your uncle Eric's family are the werewolves who protected Jay and her parents after the birth from these legacy hunters?"

"Yeah. Uncle Eric is a werewolf too. Everyone here is except for me, I'm a hunter-ish, and that gold digger downstairs. But my mate is a werewolf." She smiled at me.