Chapter 30

Eli's POV

I watched her suffer for a tiny bit as soon as she hit the floor. She looked at me with pained eyes when all I did was take a sip of my delicious wine, ignoring her question. I waited for a little bit more till the wine was done, but man she's one strong girl. The mixture of wolfsbane and a sleeping pill on her wine should've knocked her out the minute she even drank the wine.

I manage to wait a little longer till her breathing became steady, she struggled less and even stared at some place else that I couldn't make out of. Then finally, she slept.

"Took you awhile." I said as I set down my wine on the table and knelt down next her unconscious body.

I took off her mask to see her face completely and studied her features for awhile. I have to say, she was attractive. Levi was right, she was way out of my league.

"You'd make a perfect huntress." I said as I carried her body, bridal style as I set her down my bed.

I put her a bit more up for her head to lay comfortably on the pillow, but then her hair began to move back as I saw darker hair peel through.

'What the heck? Is she wearing a wig??' I thought as I pulled her hair little by little as it starts getting off.

I looked at what it seems to be a wig and looked at her natural hair. I shrugged my shoulders and set down her wig to my night stand and turned my back on her to finish that wine.

When I was almost walking towards the coffee table, I stopped and looked straight ahead. I turned around again, facing Emma's body as I ran towards her and looked at her face closely.

"The loner Huntress??" I whispered as I backed away, finally meeting her. "Wait she's Emma?? Has she been Emma??"

"Boss, you alright there??" A voice that sounded like Owen said behind the door, but never took my attention off Emma.

"Yeah, everything's fine!" I yelled back, but not too loudly.

"That's good know boss, but if you don't mind? We'd like for Emma to come out. Levi wants to have a dance with her downstairs, can we borrow her??"

I walked to the door and opened it a little as a boy, who was Owen looked at me and tried to look inside of my room to seek for Emma.

"Um, can I have Emma for a moment? We promise to bring her back to you?" He said with a smile.

"Um has Emma always wore a wig??" I questioned as his smile dropped and looked at me curiously.

"What do you ask?"

"Her hair fell out." I simply said as he tried looking again in my room.

He glared at me and pushed me aside as he welcomed himself in and looked at the unconscious Emma on my bed with her red-orange hair on my nightstand.

"What happened to her??" He asked rushing next to her.

"She fainted and I thought she deserved to rest. I tried fixing her by putting her head up to my pillows to feel comfortable, but her hair just started giving out.." I said silently which was the truth. Well half the truth anyways, but it didn't matter.

"You didn't do anything to her did you?" He asked me while his attention was still on her.

"No, why would ask that??"