Chapter 73

Eric's POV

I was in the kitchen reading newspaper to know what's going on in this world from time to time. Even though it doesn't interest me all that much, I still try to read it or fill in those empty boxes of a puzzle.

It's strange having to do all these things that humans normally do, but I try.

"Honey, can you hold Trevor for a second? I'm gonna try and clean his bottles for a bit." Janine said as she came in with a basket of bottles hanging from her arms while the other held our baby boy.

"Sure thing." I said with a smile and walked towards Trevor, clapping my hands together babbling baby noises.

"Wanna go to dada?" I asked and he'd mainly respond with a smile and a clapping hand.

I carried him in my arms as he gurgled in his own saliva. Having a baby is hard considering the lack of sleep, having to wake up in the morning, taking care of him with very much diapers and he creates bombs. It's really hard to clean.

"Uncle Eric! Baby Trevor!" I heard Angel as she came to give Trevor a huge kiss.

"Hi there young lady, Dean. How was school?" I greeted with a huge smile while Janine waved.

"It's cool! We learned a lot, but I had to stay out of it because I finished my work before anyone else did and my teacher just made me help her with papers.. I insisted on that, but still. I wasn't able to learn as much because I knew it already.." She pouted.

"That's what you get for being a nerd." Dean insulted sticking his tongue out.

"Why you-"

"Watch if you two." Kristoffer warned with a tough look that made both of them behave.

"Can you help me with my homework? I hate math." Dean questioned with a sigh.

"Sure. Let's go." Angel pulled his arm, dragging him upstairs. "We'll see you all for dinner!" She shouted as I hear their heavy footsteps on the staircase.

I chuckled and looked at Kristoffer with a really intense expression. I tilted my head to the side, "what's wrong?"

He looked at me and hesitated to speak, but spoke anyways. "Nothing, I was just thinking. But what happened to you? You look like a mess?"

I furrowed my eyebrows together, "what? I do? I didn't look too bad when I looked at myself in the mirror?"

"Well that's because you're looking at yourself. You're used to you. But you looked terrible." He looked over Janine, "so do you. You both need a break."

"I've asked the others about it actually.. As much as I want to be with my baby, I actually do feel exhausted. Sofia and Alec are busy because Sofia's been getting moody and Alec has to take care of her, the guys are with their mates always going out, you have two kids to take care of plus Alpha work. You're also taking care of Eric's papers and meetings and I know you're just as exhausted as we are. There's no one here to really ask and I wouldn't want Steven and his fiancé taking care of Trevor.." Janine explained with a sigh.

"Well... Um I found a day care near Angel and Dean's school? I could probably schedule someone for you?" He shrugged looking at us to see what wend think.

"It might not be safe for a stranger to take care of my Trevor and leaving him in another place.." She said.

"Well Kristoffer and I could check the place out? To see if it's safe. I'll even look at the workers and know what they're like?" I suggested while she gave me an uneasy look. "We can use a vacation.."

"I know babe, but still.."

"Why don't we check out the place?" I asked.

"Actually, they just closed. We could stop by tomorrow." Kristoffer said with a smile.

I looked at Janine with a puppy face and pouted, "come on babe.. We need it."

Janine began to whine, but nodded, "fine. Fine! We'll check tomorrow. I'm writing down everything I have to ask." She sassed while I nodded.

"I'll see you guys then around 1:30 p.m.?" I looked at Kristoffer with an excited smile.

"Perfect it's all planned. Now all we have to do is clean up for Steven and his fiancé." I said excitedly.

"Do that one more time and I promise you that I will see you as a girl." He chuckled while I rolled my eyes and turned around to help Janine clean.

Next thing you knew, I felt something sting my bottom and I turned around to see Kristoffer running. "I'll get you for that!" I yelled.

Baby Trevor began to cry from my sudden outburst. I yelped and played with baby Trevor till he calmed down. While I was playing with him, all my head could think of was...

Vacation.