Chapter 61

- 7 Weeks Later.. -

Jay's POV

It's been seven weeks ever since I've lost my mate and Angel.. It's been seven weeks ever since Hunter lost his only brother.. He's been joining in on the hunting and so far those bandits had been hiding well enough to make us lose their tracks. What did they want with the kids and Kristoffer.? I tried my best not to think of the worst, but it's been too long.

Everyone here had barely rested. Most have been gone for several days because of searching and it's frightening because we won't know who will return.. Everyone is stressed, hungry, tired, irritated, and etc. we just wanted to find them, but we can't.

I can't even step outside of the house without Hunter and Steven nagging me all the time. They're both still worried about the venom still inside me. So far, no ones noticed how sick I've been for these past weeks. I'm not even sure if they have or what? All I know is that no one knows.

My side had been getting worse and worse each day. It was the same pain from when I first turned into this hybrid under the full moon. But I can't question whatever I have going on with the Moon Goddess because so far, I can't communicate with her. I know why..

"Hey Jay." I heard someone call out. A strangers hand had touched my shoulder and I turned to look to see my brother, Eric.

"Hey." I said almost so quietly with a smile.

"How have you been lately.?" He asked with his face full of concern.

"I've been well. How's everyone doing? How's Hunter too?" I asked.

"Um those who searched yesterday are resting. So far Hunter finally slept, he doesn't know when to stop.." He sighed. I nodded my head while his face trailed down my face and my neck.

I narrowed my eyes and cleared my throat, "you know, it's bad to stare at other people."

He furrowed his eyebrows and went close to me. He touched my neck as I flinched and backed away, "what are-"

"What's this?" He asked and gripped on my arm that made me stay still.

"What?" I asked, but he didn't answer. He just lifted up my chin and lowered my blouse a bit to expose a bit more of my shoulder.

He looked up at me, "when was that."

I looked at him confused, "when was what??"

He gave a frustrated sigh and dragged me to his room and closed the door behind him, locking it as he led me towards the mirror. He faced me in front of it and exposed my shoulder by stretching my blouse which ripped it as there I saw my shoulder was purple.

I blinked while staring at it and looked even further down to see it where the trails was. I decided to take off my blouse completely, not caring that I was only wearing my bra in front of Eric. He looked away at first, but knowing what I was trying to do caught his eyes.

I stared at the back of my shoulder to see that my side was filled with purple. It led from the back of my shoulder and it began to spread on my other shoulder which was almost reaching my chest.

"Jay.." He began with my name as I covered his mouth.

I went to his drawer and took out a random shirt of his and put it on me before I spoke through mind link.

'Don't. Anyone can hear you downstairs..'

He nodded his head while I bit my nails.

'Was this the venom.?'