Chapter 55

Jay's POV

- Moments Earlier -

I watched as Kristoffer had left without saying a word. I sighed and looked down at Angel who was suddenly snoring. I smiled down at her and kissed her on the forehead.

"Feeling better baby." I whispered and petted her on the head.

"I'm sorry if I wasn't able to watch over you. But I promise, you'll be better soon."

I tucked some covers in before going towards the door. When I did, I opened the door to see Steven.

"Oh hey, what are you doing here?" I asked as he looked at me confused and concerned.

"I just saw Kristoffer storm out? He didn't look too happy. I wanted to check up on you to see if you're okay."

I nodded, "I'm fine, but where did he go?" I questioned.

"He went outside. You can check up on him, I'll stay with Angel if you want?"

I nodded and looked over at Angel, "yes please?"

"Yeah don't worry. Go before he gets further, I'll take things from here." He smiled and I gave one in return.

He pulled me out and pushed me out of my room to get to work, "go already. I'll call you through mind-link if I need anything."

"Fine dad. I'll see you in a bit." I mumbled and he rolled his eyes as I started jogging to go outside. But I quickly checked around the house to see if he was back inside using my speed, but he wasn't anywhere.

But that's until I decided to go outside.

"Jay?" A voice said behind me when I almost reached the front door to go outside.

"What? Who?" I said and turned around "oh hi Hunter! Bye Hunter!" I said quickly.

I looked around for a bit to see if he was around, but still no sign. Until I saw some cluttered, forced shoved clothing on the corner of the porch.

I went close to it and pulled it out. The scent smelled just like him?

'He probably shifted.?' I thought as I looked towards the woods.

I went back inside quickly using my speed as I grabbed a towel and ran even quicker now while I took a whiff of the air that caught his scent. A trail of his scent has began to lead me towards a long run. We'll sort of a long run.

I came in to the same spot that Angel was attacked which was strange considering I've been here earlier because of the situation with Angel and also my half relative, but then I began to spot someone on the ground.

I went closer and his scent was stronger. He was naked which made me feel good about actually having to grab the towel.

I went beside him and covered him with the towel. I searched him to see if he was wounded anywhere, but he seemed fine? Probably bumped into a tree for not looking out.

"Kristoffer." I said calmly, but he still didn't reply.

"Wake up!" I yelled again, but still nothing.

'Jeez, what happened to him?' I questioned myself. If me calling his name out or me just yelling, then I'll just have to go and hit him until he wakes up. He'll be fine with that.

"I said. Wake. Up!" I yelled one last time and smacked him on the face that he suddenly woke up.

I gave a sigh in relief to know that he was okay.. Two people who was important to me had been hurt. I'm not sure in Kristoffer's case, but he really did have me worried.