Chapter 45

Jay's POV

I sighed as the whole conversation had went on. I felt relief lifting off my chest, I was proud and happy for Steven. As much as he made a great impact in my life, I still wanted him to be happy with someone who loved him for who he was.

It was hard saying good bye, but it's always a good thing.. No matter how much it hurts, I'll learn. He'll learn.

"Jay." A voice had disrupted me. I turned around to see Eric and Eli.

Eli looked terrible. His eyes a little baggy, hair messy, and his clothing? Well always classy, but he looked very exhausted.

"Uncle.." I whispered as he ran towards me into a tight hug.

His touch, his body on mine made me hear everything in his thoughts. So many voices had been able to tell me everything.. They were caring and loving.. His intentions has been pure from the beginning. He actually cared..

"Hey kiddo.." He whispered as I gave a hesitant hug.

A smile had creeped up on my face as I felt his breath grow heavier. The emotion he had was something I've never really felt considering Eli isn't exactly the type of person who expresses his emotion towards anyone.

"What have you been doing?" He questioned as we pulled away.

"Um nothing really. I've helped people around mostly, fought from here and there, and got kidnapped ever since last week." I said truthfully.

"Kidnapped?? By who?" Eric had joined in, sounding worried.

"Three men. I never knew their names, but they've experimented on me."

"That's why you have those marks where Steven and Angel were going on at?" Eric looked down at my neck as I cleared my throat, moving my hair again to cover it.

"Where are they located? I'll teach those bastards some lesson." Eli threatened with gritted teeth.

"Nowhere." I simply replied that gave them a questioning look.

"What do you mean 'nowhere?' How did you escape?" Eric questioned.

I bit my inner lip that Eric seem to have caught on. The look I had given was plain, but knowing Eric, he could see through the walls I build up.

"You all should be more concerned with her state of health. She's home, what more could you ask?" Hunter had interrupted just in time, saving me from the troubles. "Jay, sleeping beauty is awake. Waiting for that kiss of yours." He winked.

I playfully rolled my eyes and looked at both my uncle and my brother, "excuse me." I said passing by them.

'Thank you Hunter.' I mind linked him as I punched his arm that made him whimper, but chuckled.

'Anytime puncher.' I scoffed and shook my head as I ran up the stairs to see my dear mate.

I've made it to the door and opened it slowly, peeking a bit through the crack. I see no one just yet until I opened it completely and tip toed inside, closing the door gently. I walked even further inside to see Kristoffer sitting up, watching over Angel.

"Feeling better?" I questioned as I leaned on the wall.

His head has been lifted up and turned its direction towards me. His eyes were worn out from crying.. Puffy and blood shot red, bags under his eyes that showed the lack of sleep and exhaustion. My heart broke in two seeing how much he has suffered..