Chapter 56

John's POV

We've been stuck into this basement handling this psychotic maniac of a wolf. This Hunter kid and I had been watching over his knocked out body as we waited for Eli and Christian.

"How long have you known silver eyes for?" Hunter questioned, disturbing the peaceful silence of the room.

I looked at him and began to look at the microscope to search more of what was in Kristoffer's blood that travels around his whole body system to trigger some unknown action or self defense.

"Silver eyes has a name you know. I've known him for many years now." I replied plainly.

"Never really knew his name. Silver eyes is a very popular nickname, but that's good to know." I could tell this boy was filled with attitude. I already know how annoying he'll be.

"Christian would flip if he hears you call him that. But what about you? How long have you known Jay for?" I questioned back as soon as I found more answers to this unknown chemical.

"I've known her for a day, then weeks, that turned into months. It's been fun, tough, but fun."

I raised an eyebrow for a second and looked at him at the corner of my eye before I stopped searching for more  information after knowing what we have dealt with. After this small conversations are done and with Christian back, he'll be able to know more from what I've learned.

"Why just a 'day'?" I asked after hearing the rest being plural and not the day.

"Because once in my life, I've met her. Rescued her to be exact after being so intoxicated with alcohol and a bunch of random a-holes had been trying to get at her. I decided to play her knight In shining armor. It didn't last long before her throw up went on me." He chuckled as I gave him that sort of look anyone gives when you feel that crush sort of feeling.

"What other motives did you have in mind?" I crossed my arms and sat on the desk behind me as he looked confused.

"Motives?" He titled his head to the side while his eyebrows were furrowed together.

I nodded and he narrowed his eyes feeling most likely skeptical with my words.

"I had no motives. Who would want to see guys try to get at some drunken girl? It'd be disrespectful and rude to leave her in that state. You've seen the trouble and ignoring it was no option at all."

I nodded, "yes, but the topic of her seemed to have you smile just by the say of her name come out from her mouth."

"It was a funny and a disgusting moment. You'd smile if you were there." He defended.

"Look be honest. Let's be wolf to wolf here, I can sense when you lie. Right now, you reek of it. But doesn't it suck to like someone who already has a mate? Which is that unconscious person over there laying next to you?" I looked beside him to still see him knocked out.

He looked at unconscious body and leaned himself close to the table, "I am not having this conversation with you also. Eli is enough to handle."

I scoffed, "I figured. But hey there's nothing wrong with liking someone you can't have. It's normal since it happens all the time."

I see the side of his mouth shortening and the other puffy to show he was biting his inner lip.

"What do you suggest I do?" He questioned as I smiled towards the risky question.

"Tell her how you feel. Talk things out is honestly better if you ask me. Having to at least let out that heavy weight and see where things head. But that's just my opinion." I shrugged.