Sixteen

Bianca's P.O.V

I was with Macy, dress shopping for homecoming at the mall. We walked to the first store and looked through the dresses.

"What color dress are you thinking of wearing?" Macy asked me.

"I'm not sure. Maybe a blue or pink," I told her.

"I might wear purple for this," Macy said.

"Good color choice," I told her.

"So, are you guys going to do something after the dance?" Macy asked me.

"Not that I know of," I tell her.

"Oh."

"Why?"

"No reason. Just wondering. I heard there was going to be a party afterwards," Macy said.

"I don't plan on going to any parties," I tell her.

"Bianca?" I looked over and saw Mrs. Edwards standing there with Bella.

"Hi Mrs. Edwards," I smiled. I looked over at Macy before we walked over to them.

"How are you dear?" Mrs. Edwards asked me, giving me a hug. I hugged back before pulling away.

"I'm great. How are you?" I asked.

"I'm doing fine."

"This is my friend Macy. Macy, this is Mrs. Edwards, Xander's Mom," I introduced them to each other.

"Nice to meet you, mam," Macy smiled, shaking her hand.

"What brings you here to the mall?" I asked her.

"Oh. I never trust online shopping. Plus, Bella wanted to make a bear for her new sibling," Mrs. Edwards said, referring to her unborn child.

"Congratulations by the way," Macy said.

"Thank you. Are you girls here for your dresses for homecoming?" Mrs. Edwards asked us.

"Yeah," I responded as Macy nodded.

"Oh Xander was so happy to ask you," Mrs. Edwards told us.

"Aw. He really likes you," Macy nudged me.

"He does. I can go on and on but Bella wanted to make the bear. We should be off. I'll see you ladies later," Mrs. Edwards said.

"Bye Mrs. Edwards," Macy and I said together. We waved as her and Bella walked off.

"She's really pretty," Macy said.

"Yeah. Come on. We need dresses," I said, dragging her along.

Xander's P.O.V

I stood in front of my father as we had our personal tailor check on my suit.

"Dad, I don't see the point of this. It's just a high school dance," I tell him.

"I know but it's important to look your best," my dad said.

"But honestly, it's just way too much," I tell him.

"Have you told Bianca about New York?" My dad asked me. I stayed quiet.

"Xander?" My Dad asked me, wanting an answer.

"No. I didn't," I told him.

"You never told her that you were going to New York for college and then work as the next CEO of my business?" My Dad asked me.

"I don't want her to worry," I told him.

"Are you going to tell her?" My dad asked.

"Sometime in the future," I tell him.

"Okay."