Three

Bianca's P.O.V

I watched as the new boy became friends with some of the popular people. I saw as some of the girls attempt to flirt with him. The bell rung making people go back to their seats.

"Alright, class. Let's settle down. We will be having a project coming up and I will be assigning your partners," My teacher announced. I looked back at Macy who looked back at me.

"Mr. Edwards, before you left your school, did you read the book the Great Gatsby?" Our teacher asked the new boy. I looked over but I saw him look away from me to look at her.

"We were still reading it. And it's Xander ma'am," The new guy said.

"Well, Xander. We're almost done with the book. I assume you will finish it at home," She asked.

"Sure thing," Xander said. I looked back at my book before reading a few lines.

As soon as we had ten minutes left of class, our teacher grabbed a clipboard.

"As promised, I will be giving you your partners for the project."

She started making a list making me more anxious. I hope I would get Macy. However, I highly doubt she'll let us be partners. We always partnered up and get A's. If I didn't get her, I hoped to get the other smart kid in this class.

"Bianca with Xander," I didn't look up at her. I fidget with my small Tardis necklace as the news surprised me.

The bell rung afterwards making me walk out fast to avoid Xander. Then I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked over to see Xander smiling at me.

"Yes?" I asked him.

"Do you happen to know where Mr. Kelvin's room is?" He asked.

"Second floor," I answered.

"Thanks beautiful. You know, I didn't get your name," Xander mentioned.

"It's Bianca," I told him.

"As in my partner for English?" Xander questioned.

"Yup. I guess we're partners," I tell him.

"Cool. I'll see you later tomorrow then," He smiled over at me. He walked off making me alone.

"Hey, Bianca," I looked over next to me to see my friend, Willy.

"Hey Willy," I smiled.

"Saw you talking to the new guy," He mentioned.

"Xander? He's full of questions," I told him.

"I see."

"Do you think you can drop me off at my work today?" I asked.

"Sure thing," Willy told me.

"Thank you so much."

Once lunch started, I sat alone, waiting for Macy and Willy to come. I saw Xander sit down in front of me making me look at him in confusion.

"Can I help you?" I asked confused.

"Just wanted to say hi," he smiled.

"Hi," I tell him.

"Can I take you out sometime?" He asked me.

"No thanks," I said.

"Wait. What?" Xander asked confused.

"Look. I hardly know you, and I'm pretty sure you'd rather go out with someone more pretty and popular," I tell him.

"You judge people too quick," Xander told me.

"A bad habit of mine. Look you're probably a nice guy but unless you're into fangirls who likes superheroes, then I will say yes to you," I told him.

"Well my mom raised me to respect women. Mind telling me about yourself?" Xander asked.

"Why would you want to go out with me?" I asked him. I couldn't trust guys as much anymore. Ever since Derek, an ex boyfriend of mine.

"Well, I think you're really pretty and I'd like to know you better," Xander smiled.

"Hey, Bianca. This guy bothering you?" Willy asked walking over with Macy.

"No. I was just leaving. I'll see you later, Bianca," Xander said.

"Bye," I said. Willy sat down and then Macy.

"What did Xander want?" She asked me excitedly.

"He wanted to know me better," I answered.

"He likes you?!" Macy practically squealed.

"Yes but I don't like him. For all I know, he could be another Derek," I tell her.

"Oh. We don't want that," Macy said.

"No we don't," I said.

"Well, I've been going around and he's the son of a big millionaire and he got kicked out of his last school," Macy said.

"Really?" Willy asked.

"Yup."

I heard a bunch of cheers making me look over to see Xander arm wrestling some guy. I rolled my eyes a little before looking back at Macy and Willy.

"He's staring at you," Willy told me.

"Whatever," I said.