Memories

James came back home to the wonderful smell of dinner just about to be ready, but when he entered the kitchen to see his father cook he felt something was wrong.

" why are you the one cooking " he asked taking a seat at the table.

" mom isn't feeling well so i told her I'd make dinner " Harrison answered.

" as in sick or missing henry not good " James asked getting up to get a glass of water.

" I tried asking her and all she says is, go away "  Harrison said with shrug

" well maybe i can go talk to her "

" she's been sleeping for the past hour so i don't know, but you can always try " Harrison said to james and watched his son leave the room.

James entered the room as quietly as possible, he sat on the bed right next to his mother's legs and just looked at her for a minute, he gently shook her leg to wake her up and she opened her eyes.

" hey sleepyhead " James said quietly and got a small smile in return.  " so dad tells me you don't wanna talk to him "

" it's all his fault " Carrie said turning on her side.

" what is "

" why i haven't seen my son in over a month, so I'm mad at him " she said looking at James. " i love you both that's not gonna change but i miss him "

" i know, he's my brother and i miss him to, but hey eventually we're gonna leave the house, we can't stay here forever " James tried to explain quietly.

" i know but i don't want that day to come "

" mom your pregnant, that means another tiny person will be joining this family, you and dad won't be just the two of you any time soon " james explained getting his mother to glare at him.

" I'm not stupid i know what this means, i don't even remember the last time me and dad were all alone " Carrie said getting out of bed.

" well try and remember and please talk to him, it's not his fault " James said raising his eyebrows.

" yes it is, you know how much henry looks up to him and wanted to be just like him, look at him now, in the army, off to god knows where " carrie argued

" mom he's 18 ,almost an adult he does what he wants " James said quietly

" that doesn't change anything, Im still mad at your father always have been "  carrie said but quickly stopped herself.

" always, what do you mean always " James asked but got no answer back from his mother " mom you either gotta talk to dad or you gotta talk to dad " He added and got up to kiss her cheek and left the room.

************************

Carrie still hadn't left the room or the bed, it was almost midnight, she wasn't even hungry but thought about going downstairs to get something.

She wrapped one of her blankets around her and went downstairs, she passed James's room and could hear him talk on the phone, she sigh making a note about it in her head that he should stop calling friends at late hours.

She slowly went down the stairs and saw Harrison watching tv, she hoped he wouldn't hear her so she wouldn't have to talk to him at all today.

She was eating in the kitchen when he walk right in on her eating a piece of chocolate cake.

" hi " he said quietly and poured her a glass of milk to go with the cake.
" you gonna be mad at me all the time now for no reason, or is there a reason " he asked pushing the glass slowly in front of her.