What a night

( Carrie's POV )

" ok mom if he starts crying just pick him up for a second and.... " i say to my mom but she interrupts me

" honey didn't i raise you "

" yeah " i say handing her Henry

" so it's gonna be alright have fun with your friend " she say smiling but as soon as i turn around and say goodbye Henry starts to cry and scream after me Pauline and linda are waiting for me in her car I can't turn and hug him ill never be able to leave but I promised my friends that for linda's birthday we're going for a drink and dinner then maybe watch a movie like we used to as teenagers.

We're in the restaurant it looks really nice and i hear Pauline order wine.

" you shouldn't you're pregnant "

" no falls alarm i... Am .. Not .. Pregnant " her smile is so big all i can do is laugh I'm actually happy she isn't cause bringing a child in the world that you don't want is a bad idea and the kid would never know his father since he really left her.

As we talk and we already have our drinks the food arrives and it looks really good i took some meat with some vegetables and fries but it tastes amazing as we eat i take up the present me and Pauline have for Linda

" o no you guys didn't " she says as i hand her the little box . She opens it and i can see her eyes start to sparkle obviously she's crying

" a watch you two are crazy and it looks so expensive "

" price doesn't mater you told me last time you saw it and that you love it so " Pauline says and i nod

" so you guys are the best " she kisses is both and for the rest of the evening we talk and laugh.

There are a few things we haven't done together in a while so as we walk next to a candy store we buy each a huge package and head to the cinema it's actually crowded tonight but then we see that there's a new David Niven movie the three of us love him so we might as well go watch it.
We sit down in the front row like this no one can bother us with there height, it's mostly for me.

As the movie starts i see its based on the war which only makes me think about harrison as the movie goes along I can't stop but cry why did we come and see this why am i even sitting here i wanna leave i get up and run outside and sit on a bench on the other side of the street i watch a couple walking hand in hand this couldn't get worse i wanna go home and hug my son, i see the girls come over to me

" what's wrong Carrie " linda says sitting next to me and putting her hand on my back

" I'm sorry it's your birthday we should be having fun but this movie just ...."

" yeah I figured when i saw you run we could do something else "

" I just wanna go home I'm sorry Linda "

" you know what let's go take Henry and go to your house we can have like an old time sleepover "

I smile as we get up and start walking back to my parents house where i left my car.

I sigh as i walk in my house Henry sleeping in my arms i always feel good at home i go up the stairs and put my little man to bed i walk to my room and grab one of Harrison's t-shirt and put it on it still smells like him and i love wearing his shirts there big and comfy.

As i go back to the girls they took out a bottle of whisky honestly im not in the mood to drink i dont even like it but I'm just gonna sit with them listen to there misery life cause ones they get drunk the show starts.

It's been over an hour and right now I can't stop laughing there drunk of there ass. There dancing together and making fun of hitler it so funny I'm crying my stomach hurts and soon I'm rolling on the floor.

This night was really fun and actually went really well now Pauline is passed out on my couch and Linda is blabbing about her life and i need to get her to bed I'm not even gonna bother with Pauline she is way taller and heavier then me.

" come on Linda you gotta go sleep "

" you know.. My mother always said to me to be a very good girl .. And emm .. What have i done "

" be a good girl "

" now that's right " she says with the hiccups and pointing her finger at me i grab her hand and lead her to the guest room she directly falls asleep but my night isn't over as i hear Henry start to cry.

" mommy is here " i pick him up and i can feel he's warm very warm

" ur not getting sick are you.... Why..not now "

" mama " he says his little eyes looking straight at me. He rests his head against my chest as i stroke his hair i put my lips to his forehead and he is burning

" yeah ur sick well if ur gonna keep crying like this I don't know what i can do, please henry stop crying "

Even as i hold him he keeps crying it's more like screaming at this moment i take him to my bed but he just can't stop crying it's gonna be a long night.

It's 4 in the morning and there he goes again crying and turning every side possible if Harrison where here he could calm him down cause last time he was sick he had calmed him down in second if only I knew what he did, i pick him up and rock him.

" Henry please stop, tell me what's wrong "
I even try to sing to him but it just doesn't work
I hold him in front of me but he throws his head back and just doesn't stop after a few more minutes he finally calms down and raises his head and just looks at me what does he wanna say he just can't he's sweating and warm.

------------------------

As i wake up the next morning Henry is asleep thank god i touch his forehead i smile his fever is gone maybe it was due to his teeth growing my mom told me it could happen. I'm gonna let him sleep a little longer cause we didn't sleep much.
I put the pillows around him so he doesn't fall of the bed.

I leave my room and smell coffee it smells wonderful as i walk in the kitchen i see linda and Pauline sipping there coffee in silence

" o you guys don't look good " i say as i laugh and sit with them

" ur voice is to loud and what happened last night I don't even remember " Pauline asks dropping her head on the table

" well you guys gave me a comedy show "

Pauline sighs and linda just rolls her eyes
They leave not long after this and i can hear my little man is up I go upstairs and smile as he is sitting on the bed his little hands in his hair

" mama " he says as I crawl next to him and lay down.

..........

That sure wasn't the best night for Carrie but she can handle it 😘😘😊