You're here

" come on you two let's have a walk and bring grandma some apples and peaches " Carrie's father said lifting both his grandsons in his arms.

Henry looked so happy James was just frowning like he always does he doesn't like the sun and he let that know to everyone, every time it hit his eyes he would scream.

Carrie was watching her father walk away and waved as Henry wave at her " you look tired sweetie " her mom said sitting down next to her with a cup of coffee.

( Carrie's POV )

" its been a while since i had a good night sleep " i say to her, it really has Henry won't sleep and James is to active in the day. I really need a day off from being a mother maybe i could ask my mother to keep them but i know Henry won't want that, Im gonna ask her anyways.

" say mom would you mind taking them for a few days "

" noo i would love to keep them and we're going to see my sister tomorrow so i could take them with me "

" you're going to see aunt tammy "

" yeah its been a while, so I'm taking the two for this weekend "

" that would save me " i say kissing her cheek it would do me so much good.

" ill bring them back on monday "

************************

I have to remind myself to thank my mother cause ive slept so well and I'm so cozy right now i can't even get out of bed.

I turn to my side and look outside its a beautiful day and that makes me want to get out of bed now, i can't make up my mind anymore.

The house is so quiet without the boys, i can actually enjoy my morning tea as I'm sitting on the rocking chair, i love sitting here its the most relaxing place and the little breeze is making it perfect.

I sigh and just listen to the life around me an rest my head Back against the chair, the sun on my face feels wonderful.

Hearing a car i rais my head, why is there a car in the driveway, i get up as the car stops in front of me, a man gets out with a big smile " good morning misses Ford we are from the marine corps we would like for you to come with us " he says as i look at the way I'm dressed.

" what is it for did Something happen " i ask a little nervous but he keeps smiling which makes me nervous too

" we just want you to come with us nothing to worry about "

I nod and quickly tell him im gonna go change myself i can't go with them in my pyjama.

I'm in the car and really wondering where I'm going i have no idea where i am to be honest. We soon stop and the officer opens the door for me to get out.

" please mam if you would follow me "  he says as I follow him.

He walks up some stairs and we walk thru a big hall with pictures of people who i have no idea who they are. We turn into another hall " the last door takes you outside and then into the cantine you can have a drink there or eat something ill be right over " he says pointing into the direction i have to go.

I wanna say something but he's already gone, i start walking till that door and I'm outside and start walking to the other door

" excuse me mam but you are not aloud to be here " i hear a man say behind me

" Im sorry but someone told me to come here " i say facing the man behind me

" oh ok sorry, oh your Carrie he's gonna be happy " he says what is he talking about who's gonna be happy, is he talking about Harrison cause if he's making a joke ill hit him.

Now i have to know i start running to the door and open it, i don't think I'm breathing right now and my heart is gonna jump out of my chest. He's here he really is, but in a wheelchair.

I need to touch him and believe that this is real so i start running again and hug him he barely had time to see me I'm already kissing him and now I'm crying.

" you're here i can't believe it " i say looking back at him as were both in tears now.

" i can't hear you " he says with a sad smile, why can't he hear me what happened he takes a pen an paper and gives to me " don't be mad i hit my head and lost my hearing but they say it should come back, i can hear some sounds now and when people talk very loud " he says as i hug him again.

****************************

I don't know how many time has passed that we have been holding eachother but i don't want this to end. I raise my head and take his head in my hands and kiss him softly on the lips, i have missed this so much a simple kiss.

" where are the kids " he asks

I quickly grab the pen and the paper and write that there at my parents and i also ask him when he can come home.

" that's the reason they went to get you i couldn't leave without you signing a few papers " he says speaking a little loud and it breaks my heart but he said the doctor told him it would come back.

I nod and get up cause i wanna leave and get him home, i push his wheelchair thru the halls and thank god he can't see me cry right now, what did happen he better explain it all to me.

*********************

" when are they coming back " he asks me while I'm trying to help him undress

I try to say monday slowly so he can read my lips. " monday that's in 2 days can't they come back tomorrow " he asks, i could call my mom and ask her to bring them back but she's at her sisters.

" wanna rest a little " i ask him and he takes me in his arms, i sigh and put my head against his chest, Ive missed this so much, just to feel his warm body pressed against mine.

I can hear him sigh and feel his head rest against mine i could stay here forever.

******************

Now i can really say this was the best night ever i slept even better then last night, i open my eyes to see Harrison already looking at me and caressing my cheek.

I have to be careful when i wrap my arms around him since some ribs are still healing, but i can't help myself. And he smells so good.

I softly kiss his chest and look up at him
" good morning " he says with a smile, i just kiss him. " it feels nice to be here i forgot almost how comfortable a bed was  "

There's so much i wanna say and ask him but its not the same if he can't hear i quickly grab the pen and the little book to ask him what he wants for breakfast all he says is me i roll my eyes and laugh.

Even though he can't hear he doesn't change.

.............

Not very good I'm sorry ☹️️ i didn't really know how to write this one.