This Can't Be Real... Can It?

Sorry I'm slightly late, phone has been buggy today

Dans pov-

"What do you mean you lost them?!" I yelled as I slammed my fists on the police desk. The officer looked at me taken aback. Why shouldn't he? A guy who's about a foot taller than him is livid and he has no good news to tell me about my y/n.

"please calm down sir. We are trying our best to find y/n. It's only been a day since you called us and-" he was cut off by his phone ringing. He immediately picked up and I could hear the person on the other in talking frantically. "What?.....Really?..... Do you think it could be her?.... Alright, I'll call it in and have men on the scene at once" the officer in front of me said sounding shocked and hung up.

"Was that y/n?!" I asked frantic

"now we don't know just yet... B-but I wouldn't get your hopes up just yet" He said looking at me sadly "One of my men... they found a body of a woman with (hair color and length) hair and she's about (height) with (eye color) eyes... she was found in a field"

Before I could say anything Phil stood up and left the room. I couldn't even move from my seat as I looked at him in disbelief.

Phils pov-

'No, no, no, no, no... this can't be happening! Not my y/n! It can't be her!' I thought as I ran outside with tears flowing down my face. I fell to my knees and dropped my face in my hands. My world was crumbling down around me as I thought about never seeing y/n smiling again, or her bright eyes shine, or hear her cute laugh that she hates... I'm never gonna see y/n alive again...

1 hour later-

Dan eventually had to go outside and picked me up carrying me to a cab where we went home. Once there I went into Y/ns room hoping for her to somehow be there.

But it was empty. Not a single sound. Without y/n in the room, the room looked dark. I sat on her bed which she hadn't made and picked up her sketchbook that was open to a drawing she had finished. It was of dan and me in two different positions. It made me smile slightly an I hugged the book tightly to my chest. I cried harder as I thought about how she'll never finish this book, she'll never do another picture again. She will  never touch another pencil to these pages and they will remain bare, waiting for someone to use them, but they'll have to keep waiting.

Dans pov-

I walked into y/ns room after about half an hour. I sat next to Phil who was holding on tight to y/ns sketch book and put my arm around him.

"The police called... they want us to go and identify the body...i-if you want you can stay here and I can go" I said as I held him and ran my hand through his hair.

Phil shook his head and said softly "i gotta go... I-I gotta see for myself... I gotta know that it's really her"

I just nodded and we both stood up. I knew what he meant. I have to see it for myself as well. I just... I don't want to believe it's really her

We took a cab to the address the officer gave me and we both took a deep breath before going inside. we were led to the back and there was a body with a sheet covering from head to toe. Phil and I held each others hands tightly as the officer lifted the sheet.