Chapter 65

Bella's POV

"Mrs. Rossi, we have your results." The doctor speaks as he walks through the door with a clipboard and folder. I stiffen and ready myself for the news.

For the past few days, I've been trying to stay away from Justin and just hide away in our room. Justin didn't necessarily like this and spent most of the day whimpering and clawing pathetically at the door. I had only made it out the door because Justin had fallen asleep on the couch.

"Okay. I'm ready." I cross my legs, my full attention on him. "It was just a false alarm. It seems as if you had a reaction from the actions of your mate, in which I see have caused bruises. This is very common in mates. If one mate hurts another, they both will receive flu like symptoms along with grief, depression,etc." He pats my knee. I nod understandingly and stare down at my now lightly bruised wrists and hands.

"Thank you doctor. Have a nice day." I shake his hand and walk out. I'm not really sure how I feel. I mostly feel numb. After paying, I begin the short journey home. Pulling into the driveway, I could hear faint horrified heartbreaking screams. Terrified, I quickly park and jump out, running into the house. I bust through the door and see no one in the demolished living room but I could hear the screams and wails coming from upstairs.

I throw down my purse and run up the stairs, my stiff joints and still aching body screaming. As I near the door where the screams are coming from, I'm suddenly hit with a sadness that causes tears to spring in my eyes. The mate bond. My heart drops and I fling open the door.

There Justin laid on my side of the bed sobbing, screaming, and wailing heartbroken. His tear-covered face buried into my pillow, while Romeo pawwed at his hair and head as if trying to make him feel better.

"Bunny, what's wrong?!" I ask frantically, forgetting I'm supposed to be punishing him then calling him Bunny. His wails only become louder. "Now I'm hearing her voice. Why did she l-leave Justin? Justin said sorry. Justin's a good boy. Kitten loves Bunny and Bunny loves Kitten..... K-kitten come b-back!" he screams miserably into my pillow.

I could feel my heart shatter as I stand frozen, watching his writhing body as he sobs in pure agony and clutches my pillow like it was the only thing keeping him from floating away.

I quickly run across the room and jump into the bed, cuddling his frail body into my protective but tiny arms. I was just now noticing how much weight he had lost in the past week. Had he not been eating? His skin was pale unlike the normal natural tan he had. I could see the dark rings under his eyes and his chapped lips.

He gasps at my touch and whips his head around. "K-kitten?" He whispers as if he was in shock I was actually in his presence. He lifts his hand and places it on my cheek then gasps in shock and happiness that I was real. "Y-you left Justin." he whimpers, his eyes glisten in tears as his hand pets my cheek and hair. "No, baby. I just went out for a little bit while you were sleeping." Since we were laying on our sides face-to-face, I throw one of my legs across his hip and wrap my arms around his shaking frame. Slowly, I start rocking us back and forth while he cries into my neck and clings onto me like I would disappear forever. "Shh baby. Stop crying." I whisper, kissing his hot forehead.

I will go back to punishing him tomorrow but how could I just let him lay here and sob his fragile innocent heart out? I would be a monster. "Just hold B-bunny." he whimpers sounding like a innocent five year old. I pull him closer, basically smothering his face into my breasts (I'm sure he didn't mind), and just rock us back and forth soothingly until I hear his breathing become slow and even.

Looking down at him as he slept, I stare at his innocent pouty lips and chubby cheeks, refraining from kissing them both all over. I just sigh and shake my head at what we have become in the last few days. Tracing his face with tip of my finger, I lean down to kiss his forehead then bury my face into his fluffy soft hair. I play with his silky fringe until I too fall asleep in his arms.