Chapter 30

After 3 days Justin still hasn't gotten better so I decided to take him to the doctor. I walk upstairs where the weak, sick boy laid in bed watching TV. I lay next to him and pet his soft but now greasy hair from not having the strength to stand and take a shower. He turns his head weakly and looks at me with pleading eyes. "Baby, I'm going to take you to the doctor. You should have been better days ago." I persuade. Surprisingly, he nods his head without a fuss. I smile in relief and begin to pick him up out of the bed. He's so weak that I have to carry all of his weight down the stairs and outside.

"Hey! Woah...You need any help?" I hear a voice from next door. Surprisingly, Chris runs over and helps me get Justin in the car. Justin doesn't even have enough strength to even hiss at him. He just flops over and passes out in the back seat without even a glare. Chris looks alarmed at the state Justin's in. 'W-whats wrong with him?" He looks genuinely scared for him, which is shocking because his face is still black and blue from a few days ago. "I-i don't know. He just started getting sick a few days ago and I-ii don't know what to d-do." I start sobbing because my baby is so sick and I can't help him at all. "Shhh it's okay. Here I'll drive you to the doctor's because you can't drive in this state." I nod, grateful that he isn't being rude for once.

We get in the front of the car and Chris looks back worriedly at Justin before pulling out. "H-he doesn't look so good." his voice sounds panicked. "I know." I whimper out, leaning back and caressing Justin's face as he grimaces in his sleep. Arriving at the ER a few minutes later, Chris runs inside to get a wheelchair as I try to sit Justin up. Chris comes back and it takes both of us to pull Justin out and into the chair. I hold Justin's head so it isn't flopped over from him being unconscious and hurting him as we run inside.

The lady at the front desk looks up and her eyes widen. She picks up the phone and mumbles a few words into it. A couple seconds later, a doctor runs down the hall. He takes one look and says, "We need to admit him now. He looks like if he doesn't get help, he won't make it." This sets off a new round of tears to pour down my face as Chris rubs my back for support. I crouch down in front of Justin, who is now slightly awake from all the ruckus. He grabs my hand as it caresses his face and whimpers in fear. "Baby, they are going to make you feel better okay?" He nods and weakly kisses my hand. I sob at his actions. Even when he's deathly ill, he tries to make me feel better.They roll him into the back but won't let Chris and I through.

About an hour later, the same doctor runs into the ER frantically. He sees Chris and I and walks over. "Is your name Isabella?" I nod quickly. "Okay. Well he refuses to cooperate and won't stop screaming for you. I'm guessing you're his mate since his markings and blood show he's a Hekoran." I nod again. "Okay if we are going to need you to come back with me so he will cooperate with us. You are our only hope right now." I follow the doctor back into the hospital rooms. Walking further down one hallway, screams and cries become louder and louder. "I-ISABELLA! GET OFF ME. BELLA PLEASE." I cover my mouth in shock at the cries and begs for me.

The doctor opens the door and I see Justin held down to a bed by huge male nurses and him crying loudly for me. I run up to him and when he sees me, he tries to reach for me but can't because the nurses still haven't noticed me. "Get the hell off of him now!" I demand, upset they are treating him this way. They immediately let go. I grab him, cuddling him to my chest as he sobs loudly but still very weak, wrapping his arms tightly around my waist in fear. "Don't leave me.. I need you" he whimpers out. I am taken over by fury. "How dare you treat him this way. He's already afraid of people. You are just making it worse. Can't you see he's sick." I growl out, glaring as the nurses look down sheepishly. 'Ma'am I assure you, they were not touching him like that when I went to go find you. I will have a talk with them later about this." the doctor reassures me, glaring harshly at the nurses. He sends them out and asks for new nurses.

Two new nurses walk in a few minutes later and begin taking blood pressure and putting an IV in. Justin tries to get away from the needle, screeching in fear. "Shh baby look at me." I grab his face softly to make him look into my eyes to distract him. "Since you are such a good boy, when we get home I'll make you your favorite meal and some cookies okay?" I talk to him softly. "R-really. O-oatmeal raisin?" The nurses take the chance to put the needle in. He doesn't even feel it because he's to busy talking to me about cookies. "Of course baby. You can have whatever you want." He nods happily then looks down confused at the IV. "W-when did that get there?" he asks innocently, poking it. I laugh and pull his hand away, not answering.

After a few tests, Justin and I wait patiently in his hospital room. He seems to get weaker and weaker by the hour. "I l-love you" he suddenly whispers, holding onto my hand. "I love you too baby." I whisper, holding back tears. The doctor finally walks in and sighs. "He has appendicitis and the only way to fix it is surgery. If we wait one more day, it will burst, getting toxins all in his system, and he will die." As soon as he says 'surgery', Justin starts sobbing loudly and grips onto me in fear. Oh lord, how am I going to persuade him into this?