Chapter 44

Justin growls and hisses at the two large men standing at the door with guns and other instruments as I stand terrified behind his protective stance. The two men glance at each other and smirk, but I could see the slight fear in one of their eyes. "Well well well look who finally grew a backbone." One of the men snickers. "Last time you didn't even fight back." Justin barks a few choice foreign words, almost foaming at the mouth in rage. I finally realize who these people were. Alien Hunters.

Justin shakes in absolute fury as they walk into the house. He pulls me into a tight protective embrace noticing I was scared, but never took his pitch black eyes off the men. "Hey look Chad! Little Alien here has a mate." Chad, who looked slightly more inexperienced and frightened at Justin's hissing and barking, chuckled nervously. "Get the fuck out." Justin booms suddenly, making Chad jump but the other laugh maniacally. "Oh no. We came here for a reason." The man chuckles, taking out a tranquilizer gun. Chad follows his lead.

Seeing this, Justin moves so fast I could barely see him and rips the gun away from the man, snapping it in half. Chad shoots at his movement but misses completely, hitting a vase in the far corner and making it shatter. Justin rages at Chad's mistake and jumps at him, knocking him to the ground, and starts punching, kicking, and clawing. Chad screams for help, trying to fight him off, but is silenced when Justin rips open his neck with his sharp teeth, instantly killing him. I scream as the blood begins spurting onto the floor.

The other man looks like he was now shitting his pants as Justin approaches him slowly, blood dripping off his teeth and face. "D-down boy." he laughs nervously, sweat collecting at his hairline. Justin smiles menacingly, blood covering his teeth. I run into the kitchen to call the police just as Justin pounces on the man. Alien Hunting is illegal and is taken very seriously. It's a federal crime. "Justin don't kill him yet!" I yell, picking up the phone. He grunts back knowing what I was doing, holding the bloody man down and hissing in his face just to terrify him more for his amusement. I quickly dial 911.

"911, whats your emergency." A calm voice answers. "Hi. Some Alien Hunters came into my house and is trying to attack my mate. My mate is an alien and has already killed one of them but has the other held down." I say, watching Justin as he scans the man's face hissing quietly every few seconds and whispering threatening foreign words knowing the man could understand. The man looked terrified as he hears me talking to the police plus a raging alien who was protecting his mate was this close to ripping his jugular out. "Okay, ma'am. Can you tell me your address and I will have a team there immediately." I quickly tell her my address, thanking her as we hang up.

The police are there in record time, busting the door down. They quickly handcuff the alien hunter and drag him out. A few stay and whistle shocked at the damage on Chad. Justin is checked out by one of the EMT's and he didn't have a scratch on him. They gave him a wet wipe to clean the blood off his face which I was thankful for. "You did the right thing, man." One of the policemen patted Justin on the back who immediately raced to me and tucked me under his chin in a warm embrace once he was let go. "Are you okay, Kitten?" he asks concerned, checking my body for any scratches or marks. "I'm fine, Bunny." I whisper. "Just hold me." He picks me up and I wrap my legs tightly around his waist. I start sobbing as it finally hits me, burying my face into his warm neck. His strong arms enveloped my tiny frame as I cried.

The two female officers who were there practically melted at the scene and kept looking back and watching us. "Shh Kitten. I'm okay. You're okay. We are fine. I promise this will never happen again." He was still in protective mode but I'm sure after the police leave, his innocence and stuttering will come flooding back like always. The police take statements and carry Chad's body out in a body bag. "This was self defense so I'm sure you won't be in trouble. You will probably have to go to court to testify against the remaining hunter but that's it. Have a nice night and Mr. Bieber, good job at protecting your mate." The officer winks and walks out.

After they leave, Justin carries me upstairs and walks into the bathroom. I guess I'll clean up tomorrow then. He starts a nice warm shower and strips us of our clothes. He picks me back up and holds me securely to his body as he steps underneath the soothing water. I cling to him, legs wrapped around his waist, one hand gripping his back, the other dug into his hair, and my face buried into his neck. He lightly rocks us back and forth soothingly like I was a child, singing a sweet peaceful song in his language in my ear. It was beautiful and his voice sounded like an angel's. He quickly washes us and the water was a soft pink from the blood coming off his body. I must have fallen asleep because the next thing I feel is Justin pulling a pair of his boxers up my legs and gently pulling one of his large t-shirts over my head. It immediately swallows me and I hear Justin quietly growl in possessiveness and pride now that I was wearing his clothes .He whispers 'mine' possessively and caresses my body lovingly with his warm soft hands. He lays me down onto the cool soft bed and climbs in behind me after he pulls on just a pair of boxers.

He pulls my body flush against his bare skin, burying his face into my strawberry scented hair, his favorite scent ever apparently. He has told me many times. I silently fall back asleep, tired from all the activities, listening to his soothing comforting heartbeat.