Chapter 41

Since it's now mid June, I decided we have been cooped up in this house to long. Because of that, I decided to take Justin and I on a picnic to one of my favorite meadows on our property. I used to go there all the time to think during high school and years of bullying. Packing a lunch of: Turkey sandwiches, potato salad, watermelon, juices, colas, grapes, carrots/celery with ranch dipping sauce, and of course cookies for dessert. I also threw in some strawberries and nutella to surprise Justin since he loves it and hasn't had it in so long.

I walked into the living room, a blanket and picnic basket in my arms, to find Justin playing on the floor with Romeo. "Hey puppy! Y-you're so cute. Yes you a-are." Justin coos, kissing Romeo on the head. "Hey baby, want to go somewhere and do something fun?" I say holding up the basket as he looks at me excited. "S-sure, Kitten! Where are we going?" he asks, walking over to me, taking the basket so I don't have to, and intertwining our fingers. His stuttering has gotten slightly better. "I can't tell you. It's a surprise, Bunny." I poke his nose as crinkles it in confusion. "Why do you have a basket and blanket then?" he wonders, following me as I venture out of the house and to the nearby meadow. "That's also a secret. Now stop asking so many questions." I tease as he pouts. "And put that pout away." I order jokingly, pecking his pouty lips. He smiles then tries to sneakily look into the picnic basket. "Hey! No. Bad boy." I slap his hand. He sighs cutely and finally just follows me.

About 5 minutes later, full of Justin complaining that "it's too hot" and "Are we there yet's", we finally arrive at my secret meadow. Stopping and laying down the blanket on some of the bright green grass, I pull Justin down to sit next to me. Justin just watches me with an adorable confused face while I pull the picnic basket from his grasp and open it. "Okay. Are you ready?" I tease him as he nodded excited. "Y-yes, Kitten. Hurry! I want to know!" he says, slightly bouncing up and down. "Okay! We are having a picnic! Do you know what a picnic is?" I ask. He shakes his head and pouts. 'W-what's a p-picnic?" He asks, playing with the grass with his fingers.

"It's where you take a basket of food and go outdoors to eat it. It sounds kinda boring the way I'm explaining it but it really is fun I promise." I giggle. I start to pull out the food as Justin's eyes gleam brighter and brighter with excitement the more I pull out. "Ooh Sandwiches!" he exclaims, grabbing one and unwrapping it, taking a huge bite out of it. "Mmm t-tasty." he moans, doing his normal happy dance when he eats yummy food. "Here baby. I brought you grapes and watermelon. I'm saving your other surprise for later." I wink at him playfully as he giggles, popping a grape into his mouth. Opening my individual container of Potato Salad, I begin to eat it with my sandwich, alternating between bites. Justin suddenly whines and looks at me pleadingly. "What?" I ask. He looks at my forkful of potato salad then me, pointing at his open mouth. "Ugh you're so needy." I playfully grumble, as he wraps his lips around the waiting bite of potato salad. He chews and swallows before smiling proudly. "You have your own you know." I say, pulling out his container. "Oh..Yay!" he says, pulling it out of my hands, digging in with his fork.

Suddenly, Justin freezes and his ears perk up. "What?" I ask before he shushes me. He suddenly hisses, whipping his head to the right. A baby bunny then hops out of the tall grass. Justin smiles, calming at the sight. I 'aw' as it hops right to us and sniffs Justin's leg. He giggles happily and pets the bunny's soft fur, picking it up. "Hi b-bunny." he giggles, rubbing it's nose with his. I pull my phone out and snap a quick picture of the cute moment. "Aw, a bunny and my Bunny together! Look how cute you are!" I tease, crawling over and stroke the cute unafraid bunny's soft ears as Justin blushes adorably at my words. He picks up a celery stick, offering it to the willing bunny. It cutely munches on it in Justin's lap as we finish our sandwiches and juicy yummy fruit. We feed each other grapes, laughing at our cheesiness.

"Oh I almost forgot! Your surprise!" I say as we finish our lunch. I first pull out the cookies which he screeches happily about, stuffing one in his mouth quickly, since he hadn't had one since yesterday morning *cue eye roll*. I then slowly pull out the strawberries and Nutella. His eyes get wide and screeches once more in excitement. Ripping them both out of my hands while I laugh at his excitement, he dips the dark red strawberry into the delicious hazelnut spread. He looks up after a couple strawberries, offering me one cutely. I try to contain my giggles as I see chocolate smeared on his chin from stuffing them into his mouth so fast. "Oh Bunny." I giggle, leaning over and wiping it off with my thumb. He blushes but innocently licks it off my finger. "S-sorry." he mumbles cutely, still blushing, his cheeks a bright pink. "Aw Bunny." I coo then I start doing my favorite thing that I do to him. I start attacking his cute wittle soft chubby cheeks. I squeeze my arms around his torso so he can't get away as he squeals in happiness but slight embarrassment. I pull away and place little raspberries in the crook of his neck. The baby rabbit hops away during all the excitement.

He giggles wildly as I blow raspberries into his neck since I know that's his most ticklish spot. "S-stop p-please!" he begs, tears of laughter collecting in his eyes. I stop and he breathes heavily out of breath, pouting at me. "That w-was not f-fair." he grumbles cutely, looking away. "Do you want me to do it again?" I tease, coming closer. "No..." he huffs before glancing at me. He quickly leans over, pecking my lips fast, then pulling back again looking away once more, so I know he's not actually mad. I laugh at his cuteness, noticing the sun setting. Man, we had been out here for hours. I start packing up the trash as Justin whines, not wanting to leave. As we walk back hand in hand, Justin begs, "Can we do this tomorrow too, Kitten? Pleaseeee!" I laugh and nod. "Of course, Bunny." I lean over and kiss his chubby cheek once more as he giggles, swinging our arms in happiness.