Chapter 21

I woke up the next morning around 7 am, way to early for me. The events from last night hit me immediately as soon as I saw Justin's side untouched. Refraining from tearing up, I walked downstairs to make breakfast. Justin laid on the couch still fast asleep with dry tears and a permanent frown on his face. I tried to be as quiet as possible, not wanting him to wake up and the drama start just yet. I started making chocolate chip pancakes, eggs, and bacon, humming quietly.

I heard Justin moan quietly, waking up and smelling the food. I guess he remembered why he was sleeping on the couch when the next thing I heard was a whimper and quiet muffled sobs. I tiptoed to door and peeked into the living room. Justin was sitting up with his hands on his face, sobs racking his body. I made my way to the couch and sat next to him rubbing his back softly. He jumped, frightened someone was touching him then felt the tingles from the mate bond and relaxed. He looked up whimpering. His eyes were a stormy grey. "I don't deserve you comforting me." he mewled, obviously beating himself up inside, and moved away from my touch. "I-i have breakfast done so just come in when you're ready. I-it's your favorite." He just nodded and stared at the wall.

Justin finally walked in about 15 minutes later. I made his plate and set it in front of him. He didn't cheer or screech in excitement when he saw his pancakes. He just sat stone faced and slowly ate his food, not making one noise. It was the most awkward moment of my life. "S-so how did you sleep last night?" I asked, trying to make conversation. "I didn't." he spoke softly. "Oh." Silence. "I'm sorry." he whispered. "I know you are. I forgive you but you are not off the hook yet." His eyes filled with hope when I said I forgave him but dimmed slightly when I finished my sentence. "C-can I hug you?...please." he stuttered, wincing as if he asked the stupidest question ever. "Sure." I stood and he walked impatiently to me. We wrapped our arms around each other and clung. He placed his head into my neck and I buried mine in his good smelling chest. He purred but tried to hide it even though his whole body vibrated with it. He place one sweet open-mouthed kiss on my weak spot but left it at that. We rocked back and forth, not wanting to let go just yet. I felt him grin into my neck and I smiled slightly but I was still very upset with him. Don't think I have forgiven him just yet. We broke apart when someone walked through the front door.

"Hey Isabella! Hey Justin!" Victoria's voice sounded with Kyle behind her. Justin's eyes grew black and he shook in rage. I didn't know why he was mad until he exploded. "THIS SHIT IS ALL YOUR FAULT. IF YOU HADN'T HAD INVITED US TO THAT STUPID PARTY, THIS WOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED. YOU HELPED RUIN THE BEST THING THAT HAD EVER HAPPEN TO ME. I HATE YOU. GET OUT!" he roared, pushing them both toward the door. Both of their eyes widened and they ran out the door, almost pissing their pants. "Justin calm down." I spoke. Even I was shocked that he had snapped like that, but I knew it was inevitable. "Don't....please." He spoke gruffly at first then became vulnerable. He then ran upstairs. I just shook my head and started to clean the kitchen mumbling to myself. How are we going to fix this?