Chapter 15

After searching through the whole kitchen while Justin followed me around like a lost lovesick puppy, I came to the conclusion that there was absolutely no food in this whole house. I spun around and met Justin's eyes, dreading his reaction to what I'm about to tell him. "Justin honey...we need to go to the store." A moment of silence until "NO!" then heavy footsteps run out the kitchen, upstairs, and our bedroom door slams shut. I sigh in annoyance. This is the only time I ever get mad/annoyed at him. He never cooperates with me and doesn't understands that not all people are alien hating hunters that will beat him at first glance.

I walk upstairs, preparing myself for the future temper tantrum. Opening the door, I can clearly see Justin in his "hiding place" which was a pile of blankets covering him in the left corner of the room. I walk over and pull the blankets off of his as he whines pathetically. "Nooooo" he moans out curling into a ball, facing away from me. "Justin. We have NO food. Would you rather starve and never have cookies again?" I say sternly. He tenses at the thought of never having cookies ever again. "N-never?!" he says facing me, panic on his face. "Never ever". He weighs his options with the cutest thinking fa- no Isabella you must focus. "Fine." he huffs, his answer in my favor. "Okay! Let me get my purse. You go get your jacket." I say pointing a finger at him motherly. He sighs dramatically, stomping down the stairs as loud as he can on purpose. 'What a drama queen' I think finding my purse and quietly glide downstairs unlike Mr. Grumpybutt, whose standing at the door with a scowl on his face. I pinch his cheek just to annoy him further and drag him out the door.

We arrived an hour later due to Justin running from every big dog, man, and teenager. Not to mention the detour of him seeing a mime and being completely confused and entranced for 15 minutes. "But how does he do that?" he says still confused. "I don't know baby." I laugh out. I look down at my list: eggs, milk, cookie mix, bacon, pancake mix (chocolate chip and blueberry), strawberries, yogurt, flour, butter, Victoria's breakfast bars, and WHATEVER JUSTIN WANTS." The last thing is in capitalized bold letters, obviously in Justin's handwriting. How he got my list and wrote that without me seeing is beyond me. "Okay first things first. Lets get whatever you want now and the other things after." I say making him cheer and pull me around the store. He grabs whatever he thinks looks good, with me slowly adding things I like and what's on the list as we pass by them. We finish a good hour and a half later with several bags and begin the long walk home. I distract Justin the best I can so he doesn't drop the bag with the eggs in it. We finally make it home and begin putting the things into cabinets. Deciding it's time for dinner, I make Justin sit on the couch, roll him into his cocoon, and pop in Peter Pan. Weighing my choices, I decide to make Chicken Marsala with Fettuccine Alfredo, Justin and I's favorite. I set the table for two since Victoria spends most of her days at her new boyfriend, Kyle's, house. He's really nice and we have known him forever.

Hearing a knock at the door, I go open it and see our neighbor Chris, who has always had a crush on me but was extremely creepy. "O-oh hi Chris. How are you?" I stutter, surprised it was him at the door. "Hey Isabella! I'm fine. I just wanted to come see how you were doing and all." he says happily, leaning over into the doorway. "She's fine if that's what you were wondering. Who are you and what do you really want?" A raspy husky voice filled with resentment, rage, and slight jealousy suddenly spoke behind me. Justin pushes me softly behind him and stands face to face with Chris, possessiveness and the need to protect me from anything and anyone radiating off of him. He towers over Chris by at least 6 inches "Whoa chill man. I didn't mean any harm. I live next door. My name is Chris, what's yours." Chris says holding out a hand for Justin to shake. Justin glares at it not moving and Chris awkwardly puts his hand down. "Justin. Don't you have somewhere to be?" Justin says his name and adds a question of his own harshly. Chris gulps at the blazing, hard, black eyes of Justin and takes a step back, knowing he was an alien. "U-um yeah now that I think about it, I do have somewhere to be. Bye Isabella! J-justin." he nods racing off the porch, towards his house.

Justin turns around to face me, his eyes immediately softening and the childlike gleam returning. I stare up at him in shock. "What the hell was that, Justin?!" I ask. He shrugs innocently. "I don't know. Just don't talk to him ever again." he says, his eyes turning dark and hard at the thought of Chris then soften once more. "Hey is that Chicken Marsala I smell?" he says excitedly, rushing past me towards the kitchen. I just stand in shock at what happened. My baby actually has a mean bone in his body. Justin then pokes his head around the corner. "Ya comin'" he says with a mouthful of fettuccine. I nod my head slowly and walk to the kitchen. He wraps his arms around my waist, nuzzling my hair with his nose while I finish the minor details of the sauce. We sit down to eat and animatedly talk about all kinds of things. It was a pretty good day if I do say so myself.