Chapter XLIV: Hopeless

The very next week, another big bouquet of flowers was received by the petite biologist but today, there was no courier, for the flowers were hand carried by the young consultant himself.

"Hey, Sab. This is for you." Dylan announced loudly as he handed the young woman a huge bundle of stargazers and white lilies.

They were in the middle of the open pavilion with Terrence and some members of the hard hat team, busy expecting an enormous blue print spread on top of an equally gigantic table. It was almost tea time so everyone was almost done with their workload for the day.

Slightly flabbergasted and a little hesitant, Sabina took the flowers and offered the young consultant a small smile. "Thank you but really, you don't have to do this, Dylan." She muttered lowly as she surveyed her surroundings for Timothy.

Readily, the petite biologist knew the difference between the bouquet of flowers she received last week and the bouquet she received today. They may share the same freshness, beauty and elegance but the emotions they brought to her were entirely different.

Last week, the bouquet of pink and white rose made her giddy and it made her spirit soar. The mere thought of the sender made her heart rate doubled and her head lighter.

But the bouquet of stargazers and white lilies she got today made her uneasy and a little sick. It felt all wrong in every way, thinking of the sender triggered Paranoia and repulsion.

"No worries, Sab. All I wanted is to see you smile. Flowers make you smile, right?" Dylan Madrid pried.

Only if the flowers came from the right person, she thought inwardly. She didn't mentioned this out loud, instead she just offered the young consultant another small smile.

Languidly, the young consultant loosened his neck tie, signaling that his work load was done. "Listen Sab, I know we just met each other but I really, really want you to go out with me so we'll have the chance to know each other better. I find you very attractive and I truly admired the way you carry yourself, so, will you go on a dinner date with me? Is Saturday, 8:00 PM good?" He asked, sounding very certain that the petite biologist will grant his request.

"Wait, Dylan. I think we should talk." The petite biologist suggested. She wanted this over, knowing that even a speck, the buff man has no chance with her, not even as a friend.

With a big smile, Dylan Madrid nodded his head. "Yes, I like that too. So? Are we on? Saturday night?" He asked again, getting the wrong notion.

Hastily, Sabina raised her hands. "No, I mean now, we have to talk now. Follow me please." She instructed the bewildered young consultant as she walked out of the pavilion and motioned Dylan to follow her.

From the corner of the huge canopy stood the young heir. He had witnessed everything from the giving of the bouquet to the exchange of few words although he was too far to listen to Sabina and Dylan's short conversation.

But upon seeing Sabina motioning the young consultant to go with her, the young CEO's stomach dropped. Suddenly, he wanted to follow the pair to know what's going on.

"You're too late, Theo." A voice like his mother's sounded from inside his head but he readily ignored it and busied himself with work.