Chapter XII-Hidden in Plain Sight

Very early, the following morning, Timothy left in haste. He wanted to make sure that Sabina ate breakfast and meet Terrence afterwards at the Breakfast hut near the office. He was eager to know the development of their searching game and so at exactly 5:45 AM he took his X5 and drove away.

In one of the bedrooms at the upper floor of the massive house, Bianca watched as her son took off without even saying goodbye to her. Timothy never forget to bid her goodbye no matter how early nor how late it was but to her great chagrin, she noticed that her son who grew so close to her, was now slowly drifting away.

The matriarch was confused. She was just doing what was expected of her. Guiding her son to make the right decisions and nudging him to the right direction.

Growing up with an overbearing father was hard for her two boys but what greatly affected Timothy was the loss of his eldest brother, a tragedy he will never forget. The tragedy that broke his fragile relationship with his father and the tragedy that changed his whole life.

Bianca Sebastian drew a long slow breathe, she knew that she needed to do something to regained her son's affection. It was quite obvious that the young man harbored an ill feeling towards her because of what happened between her and his assistant a few days ago.

Her thoughts wandered to her only daughter, Margaret. Margaret grew up closer to her father than to her, that's the reason why she favored Darcy over her own daughter.

Darcy Marie Madrid, her eldest son's best friend was like a daughter to her. The young heiress had help her in so many ways and everything was sailing smoothly until that foul-mouthed woman came.

Her blood began to boil just thinking of his son's assistant and she was sure that Timothy left early so that he could check on her. Mrs. Sebastian let out a frustrated sigh and looked around the room.

Diego Sebastian got out of the bathroom and caught his wife staring at nothing. The patriarch knew that his wife was thinking of his son and the Madrid heiress.

He looked at her. "That will never happen, Bianca. Tim may have grew up closer to you but I know him. I know my son. He will not give up the De la Vega lass. Mark my word." Without another word, the man left the room.

∞∞∞

Timothy stepped inside the penthouse without Sabina's knowledge, he knew the security code and obviously Sabina didn't change it. The doorman also welcomed him with a big smile so he was able to enter the building freely.

Quietly, he opened Sabina's door and found it empty. The bed was well made and the air-cooling system was turned off. He went out and padded to the kitchen but it was also empty. The Veranda, empty. The guestrooms, all empty.

Frustrated and a little worried, the young man returned to Sabina's bedroom, thinking where the woman could be. It was quite early to be out so she must be here somewhere, unless...

His smart phone alerted him for an incoming message. He fished it out from his trousers' pocket and read the message.

He decided to call his best friend since the message was from him, telling him that he was already on his way to the Breakfast Hut. He was waiting for Terrence to take his call when something soft bumped into him.

"What the hell!" Sabina yelled. She almost loss her balance, she just got out of the shower and was drying her hair with her towel when she collided with her boss.

"What are you doing here so early?" She asked confusedly.

Timothy was glued to where he was standing. The loud woman in front of him was again in her cotton undergarments, a cotton white t-shirt brassiere and white girl briefs with red stitches. Her hair was still wet and she was barefooted. Her smooth skin was now free from hives and wheals and she seemed to glow.