Chapter XXII: A Step Closer

It was a sunny Thursday morning. The couple occupying the penthouse was currently having an early breakfast. The pair was planning to do their grocery trip this morning in preparation for their menu for the next day's gathering.

Sebastian Builder's office operation had been shut down since the beginning of the week to prepare for and celebrate the yuletide season.

Sabina was already up and munching on her still hot hash brown while writing everything they needed on a note pad. She's a morning person so she had no problem waking up this early.

"We need disposables, plates, cups and utensils. I have Pyrex glass pots so no need for aluminum trays." She whispered to herself while consulting her long shopping list.

She scanned her list and crossed something out. "No need for this one." She continued to murmur but from the corner of her eyes, she could see Timothy yawning in his seat.

She ignored him and studied her list again. "Baby back ribs and some baked potatoes will be our share. We could also add veggie dish." She declared.

As she checked the second page of her note pad she saw her sleepy boyfriend yawned again. "Tricia and James will prepare pasta and chicken while Maggie will be in charge of the dessert and TJ will bring some seafood." She exclaimed loudly, trying to wake Timothy up.

"How about the drinks? Should we buy champagne or wine?" She asked, darting her gaze to the sleepy man sitting across her.

She held back her laughter while watching the man struggled to open his drooping eyes. "You need a shower Tim, it will help you wake up." She suggested.

The young Sebastian perked at this. "Will you join me?" He asked, all sign of sleepiness were gone and was replaced by an eager naughty smirk.

"You're such a perv!" Sabina hollered while hurling a tiny piece of hash brown towards the young man's direction. She laughed loudly and gaily when she saw her boyfriend's beseeching face. But his words and his wanting eyes made her blush.

The couple may be living in together for a several months now but they have not done the deed yet. The intimacy they shared after Timothy's Paris vacation was a onetime deal although Timothy was dying to do it again.

The Sebastian heir was well aware that Sabina wasn't ready yet. The woman admitted days ago that it was her first time to engage in that kind of intimacy.

She also confessed her sentiments on premarital sex although she reiterated that she had nothing against it, she also stated that she not yet ready for it and he respected her decision.

Timothy was in awe while staring at Sabina's bright red face. Her smile made her more ethereal despite her just-got-out-of-the-bed hair and just-woke-up face.

Her giggles were music to his ears and the morning sunlight that reflected through her hair made her looked like an angel. The innocence in her made her more enthralling and appealing and so he sighed dreamily and stared some more.

Another small piece of hash brown hit Timothy's face. "Hey! It's not polite to stare." The gorgeous lady stated merrily, still blushing madly from too much attention she was getting from the young man.

A snort came out from her boyfriend. "Admit it, you love it when I stare at you. You're such a tease, Sab!" Timothy countered flirtatiously.

"Shut up, Sebastian!" She bellowed, making an extra weird face.

"Then admit it, Dela Vega!" He yelled back.

"What?" Sabina asked in confusion, her heart pounding all of a sudden. Why does her surname sounded different from Timothy's lips.