Chapter XXXIII: Separate Lives

"What the fuck, Darcy!" He shouted angrily, he hastily bolted out of his bed and glowered at woman currently sitting on it. The young heir woke up due to the woman's aggressiveness.

While he was sleeping, Darcy Madrid slipped inside his room and attempted to lay down next to him. It was fortunate that the man readily felt her presence even before her back could touch the mattress.

Hesitation crossed the woman's face but immediately, it disappeared and was replaced by an annoying smile. "I missed you, Tim. I missed sleeping next to you." She admitted shamelessly.

"Don't you missed it, too?" She added with a suggestive smirk.

"Will you please quit it? Show some respect to yourself and to the owner of this house. Pulling stunts like this only intensifies my disgust and distaste towards you." The young architect bellowed.

The woman's face suddenly contorted and tears followed. "Why are you being so difficult huh, Tim? I have been nothing but devoted to you. I have degraded myself countless times, in front of you and in front of everyone just to save what we have." She stated genuinely hurt with the young man's reaction.

"I never told you to do those things. It was you choice, your decision. And what have you done recently? Haven't you learn your lesson? You know perfectly well what happened to Nicky. The pain and trauma that it brought to you and to this family and yet, you chose to follow his example? You're beyond fucked up, Darcy!" He muttered angrily while pulling a shirt over his head since he was just in his boxers.

The woman's demeanor dropped and Timothy softened a little when he saw this. "You were one of my closest friends, Darcy. You knew what I have endured including most of my fears and regrets but you chose to ruin everything for me." The pain from last night's event turned into words and all were slipping out of his mouth without him knowing.

Suddenly,  the young man returned to his old self, dark and brooding and for the first time Darcy tasted what it's like to be in the presence of the old moody Timothy. "You are aware that I love Sabina and she makes me happy as in genuinely happy but still, you went on and made everything hell for her. Don't you want me to be happy?" He asked bitterly.

The words that were said left the Madrid lass enraged and mutinous. "You left me in a blink, Tim. For years you made me feel that we belong together then suddenly, the moment you met that bitchy woman you dumped me like I'm a worthless and despicable person . Do you know how painful is that?" She muttered in anger.

"But I'm quite sure that you know that now, right?" She added venomously, she saw how Sabina acted last night. The way she tossed her engagement ring like it was just a piece of trash.

Although their situations were entirely difference, this reminded Timothy of his own words to Sabina from their last night's encounter.

"You never gave me enough chances, Sab. The first thing you did when all these problems happened was to drop me like a hot potato."

"So NO, I don't want you to be happy. I won't allow you to be happy. We will share this hell together. If pain and bitterness will be my company in the future then be it but I will make sure that I will share it with you, Tim." Goosebumps enveloped the young man, Darcy's tirade was not only creepy but also disturbing.

But he didn't let them affect him, he was tired from this kind of tactics. "What will you do, then? Bleed yourself to death, again? Go ahead, I don't care any more. If you want to die, then by all means die!" He taunted her.

Timothy's words were like icy water that awakened the square-faced woman's clouded consciousness. Darcy remained quiet but her eyes grew alert and focused. It seemed that she found a hidden message with what the young man had said.