Chapter XXXIX: New Horizon

"I miss you love, heaps!" Nancy Rankin exclaimed as she hugged the petite marine biologist. In return, Sabina embraced her back, giggling like a little school girl. It was clear that the duo missed each other terribly, it could be seen from the tight embraces and the genuine smile on their faces.

The half Brit pulled away completely but she reached for the young woman's hand right away. "I'm really excited about this, Sab! This is a dream come true for me so you have my full gratitude. Thank you for considering the Reef to be part of this wonderful leisure park and thank you for making me your partner." Nancy exclaimed gratefully.

"You are most welcome, Nan! Now, we could dive again together just like the good old days. I'm planning of personally handling classes and sessions. You don't know how I missed the water." The petite marine biologist replied.

She gave her another smile and started to walk. "By the way, how's the boys and Tatay Leo." Sabina asked.

"They are all doing fine, the boys and tatay Leo were among the ones that will remain here but the others have to look for work temporarily until such time that the hotel and resort are completed." Nancy explained to unload the young biologist of unnecessary worries.

"Wow! That's great. I'm planning to do a dive on Saturday. Do you think they're up for it?" She asked the tall white woman.

Nancy Rankin smiled. "Of course, the boys love the water. Even Kenneth and Jerome are planning to visit this weekend." She disclosed.

Happily, Sabina clapped her hands. "That's wonderful. I terribly missed those rascals." She giggled.

Suddenly, the older woman's voice went on a softer pitch. "This mini reunion would truly be fantastic if not for the sad turn of events. I'm truly sorry about what happened to you and your fiancé. And I want you to know that I'll be always by your side. I was rooting for you two but after what have been said and done I truly understand your decision." She added.

Promptly, Sabina waved her hand in a dismissive gesture. "It's ex fiancé Nan, and it's all in the past now and I already made peace with that. Some things are really not meant to be. Now, all I want is to expedite this project and start with the diving school." She disclosed in a resigned voice.

In response the half Brit nodded her head. "But love, last night the head engineer arrived and did you know who it was?" Her tone was a little unsure.

"Nothing to worry, Nan. I know that Arch. Sebastian's company is in charge of the construction of the whole leisure park, it was disclosed to me by my brothers before everything was scheduled so don't be shock if one of these days you'll see my ex walking around." She smiled.

Again, Nancy Rankin shook her head. "And are you okay with that?" Disbelief was written all over her face.

"It's fine and I'm fine. It just work Nan, nothing personal." The young biologist stated calmly.

This earned a nod from the half Brit. "Oh, alright. I saw the Terrence guy last night but he didn't see me. He was with the other architects and engineers. What a loud bunch." She commented.

Sabina laughed at this. "You should get yourself used to that, the SB hard hat team is really a loud bunch. They're happy that way and I want everyone to be content and in high spirit while doing everything. Positive outlook attracts positive vibrations, you know." She said cheerily.