Chapter L: Burnt Letter

"Lies! Lies! That's all lies." Bianca Sebastian screamed hysterically while the two Sebastian males looked  murderous. Darcy on the other hand, looked beyond shock and was like she's on the verge of crying.

Margaret as a response chuckled bitterly. "Really, ma? Then why did you burn the letter?"

"What letter? I don't know what are you talking about?" The matriarch faked a confused face.

Diego Sebastian butted in. "The suicide note, Bianca. Maggie was talking about letter that you claimed a suicide note from Nicky."

She was trapped. Bianca Sebastian was cornered and so, she faltered and stayed quiet as Margaret continued with her piece.

"Because it contains the truth. The truth that Nicholas didn't kill himself, that you see him as an investment and not as your son and the truth how you treated your own son from the very start." The accumulated pain from years ago pushed Margaret to reveal everything.

The Sebastian matriarch slowly sat down and began to cry. "Maggie, you are my daughter. Why are you doing this to me?" She asked, faking a hurt facade.

She fished out an unused embroidered hanky from her dark Chanel purse and daintily dried her tears. "You know that is not true, all I wanted is for all of you to be happy and accomplished."

"Please don't do this, I know you're jealous of Darcy but please don't tell make up stories." The matriarch continued to murmur in between sniffs and sobs.

"Oh come on, Ma!" The young model screamed in disbelief.

"And now, you're turning these all on me? Ma! What is wrong with you? We are your own flesh and blood so this is bullshit! Quit it, okay? It's over, ma so admit it and start apologizing." The young model muttered on gritted teeth.

The matriarch didn't answer, she just sat there weeping silently, trying hard to look pitiful for her husband and son.

Margaret was now seeing nothing, all she wanted to do was make her mother realized how terrible she was, to make her realized all the mistakes she had committed and all the trouble she had caused.

"Why do you think I'm angry with you? Why do you think I always give you cold shoulders? Why do you think, I grew up closer to papa?" The bubbly model asked with teary eyes.

"It's because of all these, your lies, your manipulative nature, your deceitful ways and your greed." Margaret stared at her mother, long and hard but she could no longer feel any sympathy or consideration for her.

She had reached her saturation point so she had to disclosed everything or else she might burn in hell from too much anger inside her. "I really wanted to keep this a secret but what you did to Sab and Tim was too much and unforgivable. And I refused to allow Timothy to end up like Nicholas, broken and desperate." She looked at her brother straight into the eyes for the first time in six months and smiled timidly.

Timothy acknowledged this by giving his sister an encouraging nod and a consenting expression.

While shaking her head, Margaret resumed with her awful tale. "Nicky and I both knew that you loved Timothy more than us but that's okay since Tim loved us wholeheartedly. He is a caring and loving brother, always ready to protect and help us. And so we got passed through your favoritism, he helped us ignore your hurtful ways and words." Tears continued to cascade fro the young model's faces as she glared at her mother.