Chapter XLVI: Betrothed

After the dinner date, the days went normally but not for Timothy. He assumed again the duties of a perfect boyfriend, minus the intimacies, of course.

Sabina wanted to take things slow and Timothy agreed with her wholeheartedly. He knew that he couldn't forced Sabina to jump in a relationship after what she had been through.

He caters to Sabina's every needs and whims. He dives with her. He runs with her every morning. He eats with her and most of all he takes care of her.

A couple of weeks passed and Sabina's wall crumbled. The icy animosity in her thawed and she was ready to give her ex fiancé another chance but she held back. First, she wanted to inform her family and ask for their advice and suggestion.

And so, the following weekend, she decided to go home. "How long will you be gone?" Timothy queried in a sad tone. He already miss the petite biologist, knowing that he wouldn't see her for the next several days.

"Six days max." Sabina simply replied.

They were now at Sabina's private quarters. The petite biologist was packing some of her essentials for her trip home.

"What? Almost a week? Do you want me to come with you? I can come if you want me to. I can be your chauffeur, porter and personal assistant." The young architect offered.

The petite biologist rolled her eyes. "What are you? A pre-schooler? What is this, separation anxiety?" But deeply, she was tempted to take her ex fiancé with her, for him to finally meet her whole family.

"Sab, it's almost a week and it's definitely long. I will miss you." Timothy whined like a little boy.

As an answer, the petite biologist poked his side. "Quit it!" She faked an annoyed face but she knew that she would also missed him. She tried to look unbothered while she continued to pack her toiletries.

Slowly, Timothy stood up and embraced the his ex-fiancée. "I will miss you. Hurry back, okay?" He whispered into her ears. His words earned a rich giggle from the beautiful young woman in his arms.

"Really?" She joked but she also embraced him back, tightly.

The young architect pulled away a little to gaze at her angelic face. His eyes looked sad and his breathing was a little erratic. It appeared that he was in the verge of crying.

"Tim!" Sabina scolded but her lips twitched. "It's just a week."

A deep melancholy sigh escaped the young architect's mouth. "Can I kiss you, please?" He begged, his eyes beseeching and sad.

Sabina almost melted when she saw his imploring eyes and when she heard his tone but she held her ground. "I thought, we are going to take it slow this time, Tim?" She asked in a serious tone.

The young man in question bowed his head lowly but he didn't let go of her completely. "You're right, Sab. We should take it slow, this time. I'm sorry." He apologized sincerely.

"It's alright." The petite biologist responded softly as she tiptoed to kiss the young architect's forehead.

Somehow, Timothy's eyes closed as he felt Sabina's warm soft lips came in contact with his forehead. When he opened his eyes she found his ex-fiancé grinning at him.