Chapter XLIII: Chasing Destiny

Timothy was currently seated on one of the many couches in the lobby of the Thousand Willows Tower. He was asked to wait there by no other than the eldest of the Dela Vega twins.

After a few minutes, the daytime doorman, Alfred approached him. "26th floor sir, use this keycard to gain access to the floor, the just knock sir, they're expecting you." The middle-aged doorman whispered.

"26 floor, right?" The young CEO repeated the floor level to make sure he caught the correct one.

"Yes, sir." Alfred replied politely as he ushered Timothy at the elevator.

But the time, the young CEO reached the 26th floor his whole body was covered with flimsy sheet of sweat despite the air cooling system and his heart was hammering rapidly. Asking the help of your ex-fiancée older twin brothers was never easy.

He was about to raise his closed fist to knock but the door opened on it's own. "Come in." A deep voice commanded him. He craned his neck around before entering the huge home and spotted two state of the art close circuit television.

Slowly, the young CEO stepped inside the grand unit. It was like entering the cradle except that this unit screamed masculinity, dark floor rug, dark vinyl couches, black and white interior and lots of scones and tall stand up lamps.

The living area has a mini bar in the corner that houses the finest liquors, wine, cider, champagne, whisky, rum, scotch, brandy plus some tonics and mixers. Readily, Timothy realized how wealthy Sabina and her family is. Some of the liquors there cost thousands of dollars.

In fact, he spotted the most expensive cognac in the world which is Hennessy Beauté du Siècle Cognac. Hennessy only produced 100 bottles of this and it is priced at US$ 200,000 per 700 mL bottle.

He also saw a bottle of Macallan 1926 distillery fine and rare which was priced at US$ 75,000 and is the most expensive whiskey in the world. They say that the whiskey has a dry and concentrated flavour with a licorice aftertaste but he had never tasted one.

Then he saw another one, the Remy Martin Cognac Black Pearl Louis XIII. Each bottle comes in 750 mL and is priced at US$ 55,000. It is one of the limited edition of the cognacs produced by Remy Martin.

Due to his fascination, he didn't know that he was now standing in front f the mini bar, currently inspecting the Twins' liquor collection. "Whew, this cost millions of pesos." He whispered to himself. He once dreamt of putting up a vine yard to make wine so he's quite well-versed with liquors and wines.

"Do you want to sample one." The same deep voice from earlier  sounded from behind him.

Abruptly, he turned around and came face to face with one of the twins. He was just wasn't sure who it was, Jacob or Anton.

"Thank you, sir but no. I don't drink much and when I do, I just stick to coors or corona." He replied humbly.

"Good! We do like coors, too. Me and Anton." The middle-aged lawyer stated in a cordial tone, no anger, no bitterness.

Jacob. Timothy exclaimed mentally as he offered a timid smiled to Sabina's sibling.

Languidly, the middle aged lawyer motioned Timothy to follow him. The duo walked to a hallway that opened to a huge veranda and since it was almost sun set, the two could vividly see the orange and red color of the setting sun.