Chapter XV: Mad Serious

The past two months was a blissful oblivion for Maria Sabina De la Vega. Timothy had truly outdone himself in every way. He showered her with attention and he was always there to cater her every whims and needs.

Everyone in the office knew about Timothy's intention towards his extremely attractive assistant including his best guy friend, Terrence. The hardworking man never questioned Timothy about his actions or his obligations to Darcy. All he did was help him and be there for the young CEO.

For Sabina, it was a bit different. More than ever, the woman became quieter and more guarded. She didn't want anyone getting the notion of her, taking advantage of the situation. She made sure that she acts as his assistant all the time, not the woman he was pursuing. She still uses his first name but she was always cautious especially in front of her officemates and their clients.

But in private, when it was just the two of them, Sabina tried to loosen up. She truly enjoyed the times spent with Timothy. His overprotective and still-slightly-grumpy nature had grown on her and so her affection for the man grew fast and steady.

Timothy had proven that what he truly felt for Sabina was genuine and pure so after a good amount of time thinking and albeit her grandmother's warning, the petite biologist decided to give the young man the chance he wanted.

Even her friends, Patricia, James and Margaret, sister or not, told her that Timothy was mad serious about her. And this piece of information had brought waves and waves of happiness to the heart of the young woman.

Sabina was a late bloomer, she never experience this kind of feeling before. In her younger years, she had encountered infatuation or deep attraction towards the opposite sex but it only lasted for a week or two. She had numerous suitors but none of them was lucky enough to reach first base or the dating stage.

At the ripe age of 24, the biologist was pretty sure that she likes her boss or maybe more than that, if you asked the people around her.

Her dazzling smile and endearing effort said loads about the spot Timothy was currently occupying in her life.

"Are you free tonight?" Sabina asked the young CEO while the two were inside the elevator. They had just finished a meeting with Terrence and his team.

Timothy was still scanning a client's file so she patiently waited for him to reply.

A small smile graced the young man's face. "Why?" He queried, giving her a bit of a glance as he continued to browse the papers in his hand.

Sabina cleared her throat. "A quiet dinner at my place would be lovely, don't you think?" She said timidly, her heart drumming inside her chest. She was planning to tell Timothy her real feelings for him tonight, over dinner.

Timothy abruptly shuffled the papers in his hand and slipped it between the pages of his planner. Then, he turned his full attention to what Sabina was saying. "Yeah, yeah. That would be perfect. Should I bring wine?" He couldn't help the wide grin that emerged from his mouth.

"Great I'll see you at 7:00 o'clock. No need to bring anything and don't be late, okay?" She hurriedly stepped out of the elevator as soon as the door opened in their floor. And since it was already 5:00 o'clock, the woman hastily cleared her working space.

She was almost out of the glass room, when Timothy caught up with her. "Hey, easy. Where are you going?" The man asked, he was hoping that they could go home to her place together.

Sabina smiled at him, a smile that took his breath away. The woman was really stunning. "I have some errands to do but I'll see you at my place later. Okay?" She reasoned out.