Chapter XXXIV: Secrets Revealed

The luncheon meeting was held in a huge event place and was well attended by dozens of well-known contractors and top notch builders. Most of the attendees are famous architects, engineers, land developers and some guys from the real state business.

The first two hours of the meeting was all about the South Holdings, it's history and origin. It was followed by the presentation of the company's upcoming projects.

The South Holdings' president known as Mike Alejo presented the whole project, consisting of a golf course and an enormous adventure camp, all to be constructed in the Southern most part of the island of Luzon, Camarines Sur and Quezon province. They will also build a vast leisure park in the island of Mindoro.

When everything had been presented, everyone was requested to socialize and mingle with the other attendees.

Terrence and Timothy both attended the said event, they were both hopeful that the project will be awarded to the Sebastian Builders. They were aiming for the biggest project of South Holdings which was a 10-hectare leisure park in the island of Mindoro.

The duo got out of their table and were now ready to mingle with the other attendees when Engineer Lucas Sanchez approached them. The curly-haired man maliciously smirked at the young architect as soon as they came face to face.

"I heard about the splitville, congratulations Sebastian, you did it! But I really must commend you, I never thought you'll reach the engagement level." He stated tauntingly.

"Engr. Sanchez, please. This isn't the place for this kind of conversation. Please observe proper business decorum." Terrence immediately intervened, his voice imploring.

Albeit the wrath and rage inside the young heir, he managed to remain calm on the outside. He remained silent while eyeing the arrogant newcomer.

Worriedly, Terrence Leonardo looked at his best friend sideways, he was trying to figure out the young heir's reaction since his face was devoid of any emotions making the kind engineer more nervous.

But Lucas Sanchez deliberately ignored the other engineer's plea. In his gleeful and mocking tone he continued with his disdainful tirades. "I told you, she won't be yours for long. The feisty woman you call your fiancée is too much for you to handle, maybe an inch more and she'll be totally out of your league, Sebastian." He declared cryptically while studying the young CEO's blank face.

Although greatly confused, the man with almond-shaped eyes promptly answered for his quiet best friend. "What do you mean?" He queried politely.

Engr. Sanchez chuckled arrogantly. "You guys really don't know her, huh? And you've been working with her for like what? Almost a year before she quit?" He smirked at them, giving the pair the feeling that the man in front of them knew something that they both don't know.

Something very important, something that will greatly affect how they see the petite biologist.

"No more codes and ambiguities man, please!" The kind engineer muttered again in frustration. He was eager to know what the curly-haired man have to say but he was also doubtful since he knew the cocky man since college days.

Lucas Sanchez was known back then for being extremely arrogant, deceitful and scheming. And being Timothy's arch rival, Terrence knew that the cocky engineer will do everything to anger his best friend.