Chapter XLIX: Promise

The young heir's absence had caused frustration and loneliness to Sabina although the latter was still denying it, even to herself.

Ever since Timothy's disappearance, she was always quiet and in deep thoughts. Often times after work, Terrence and Nancy would find her sitting alone on the beach staring at the setting sun.

"What are you doing here, love?" Nancy would ask.

But the petite biologist would just offer a small smile as an answer and would return to gazing the sun while it sets.

On the other hand, it was the opposite for the young consultant. Nowadays, Dylan was always in a good mood because despite Sabina's rejection he is still on his feet and has no intention of giving up.

He still believe that in due time, the petite biologist will come running to his open arms and his one chance will come.

The petite biologist knew that Terrence knew something about Timothy's whereabouts but she held herself back from asking. She was no longer entitled to ask such questions since she had ditched him two weeks ago.

The young heir had begged her repeatedly and countless times she rejected him. She even ignored him completely and deliberately. So now, she shouldn't get angry or pissed since this is what she wanted from the very start.

Another cause of Sabina's quietness was the cramps which go on and off even without her period. She had consulted a specialist about it and had been under medication for the last two months but it seemed that the regimen has no effect on her condition.

A deep sigh bubbled from her throat as she gaze at the setting sun. Once again the petite biologist was on the beach checking out the big ball of fire before it sink on the horizon.

"Where are you, Tim?" She groaned in misery, thinking that she might not see her ex fiancé again. The young heir could leave the project anytime he wanted since Terrence and Arch. Manuel were very efficient on their line of work.

Gradually, her walls began to crumble as soon as the realization sank in. She could no longer deny that it was harder than she thought but she had made her decision.

"Are you strong enough to do this, Sab? Can you really live without him?" She asked herself. Her eyes left the now absent sun and started to play with the fine white sand under her legs and feet.

Suddenly, memories came pouring in, the times Timothy took care of her, the times he always do the dishes when they were still together, the times that he always check the food for peanuts and the times he always remind her to eat on time.

"I miss you." She whispered painfully as her eyes turned glassy, taking off her happy mask for once.

"Hey." A male voice came from the bushes behind.

A sigh escaped the petite biologist's lips before she responded. "Hey, Dylan." She greeted him in a controlled voice to hide her annoyance.

"What are you doing here?" The young consultant asked. It's been almost a month since Sabina's rejection and Dylan was determined to try again.

Slowly, he sat down beside her, too close for Sabina's liking. Discreetly, the petite biologist moved away to create an appropriate space between them but the young consultant moved, too. It seemed he didn't know what personal space meant.