Chapter XXV: Open Secret

The young looking lawyer strode with determined steps from the ante sala to the grand sala inside their magnificent ancestral home in the city of Vigan. He took the chair across the regal matriarch and carefully annunciated what he was here to talk about.

"Abuela, Aria is asking for our help. She wanted to fix things with Anton and papa. And I'm going to help her, I'm going to tell papa and Anton about our accidental encounter before Christmas and about our lovely dinner last week." He declared in a solid tone.

"Do you think it's wise to let them know?" Dona Esperanza Dela Vega y Gonzalo asked his grandson worriedly.

Jacob nodded his head. "I think it's about time abuela. I know papa would be thrilled although I still couldn't say the same thing with my twin brother. You know how Anton is." He replied truthfully.

"Then why do you want to tell him?" The old woman asked while studying the lawyer's face.

The man in question breathed out a deep sigh. "Because I think that a decade was long enough for him to heal and to move on. As I have told you before, he seemed different, a good different, abuela. And I wanted to try so that Aria could go home and be with all of us. But if he takes it negatively then I shall be force to do some drastic measures." He proclaimed menacingly.

"Aria should be with us and take her place as one of papa's heirs. She deserved to be papa's heir just like Anton and me. She is every bit a Dela Vega so she belongs here. She had sacrificed enough for this family." The lawyer added solemnly.

"Are you sure about this?" The Dela Vega matriarch asked again, her tone unconvinced and still doubtful.

"Yes abuela, I made up my mind. I will do it one step at a time. And I will do everything to help Aria this time, unlike what happened before. Have faith, abuela. Everything will be okay." He stated calmly.

The old woman nodded her head but deep inside, she knew that what her grandson was saying wouldn't be an easy feat. But then again, she has faith in him and she was also determined to help Jacob and Sabina this time.

"All right, iho. When do we start?" She pried, relishing the possibility that her youngest grandchild will be walking in this very space soon.

"I'll start with papa next week, I will be joining him in Baguio for an amateur golf tournament and I'm planning to break the news to him then." The lawyer responded.

"But first I want to see your sister. I need to see her and talk to her, to embrace her and to tell her I missed her." The strong matriarch began to tear up.

In a flash, the middle–aged lawyer was by the old woman's side. "Abuela, no time for that now, please. I promise you, you will see Aria soon so no more crying, okay?" He pleaded while rubbing his grandmother's back gently.

∞∞∞

At the very same moment inside the Sebastian mansion almost a thousand kilometers away, Diego and Bianca Sebastian were having a heated discussion about Timothy and Sabina's engagement.

They were at the Sebastian grand home's living room and the matriarch was obviously fuming.

"I am telling you Bianca, Tim will never give up his fiancée. He loves her deeply. Can't you see how he looks at her? Our son had finally found his perfect match, his other half moreover, his better half. Accept it, he loved her even before she became his executive assistant as per Maggie's stories. She told me everything." Diego Sebastian stated astutely.

His wife shot him daggers. "Are you out of your mind Diego? The girl is a commoner with poor breeding and awful career. We don't even know her family background and her origin. For all we know, maybe she was sent here to destroy or ruin us, like what she was doing right thus ver moment." She replied hotly.