Chapter XVII: Staggering Tower

After talking to Patricia and giving her all the information she needed, Sabina turned off her iPhone and decided to have a drink alone. She wanted to be on her own for a while, not to wallow in pain and in self pity but to try to comprehend why she was feeling this way.

The young woman wanted to make peace with what she was experiencing and to make herself understand that this unpleasant feeling will always be part of loving someone.

Sabina sat herself in a dark corner of a posh bar in Bonifacio Global city. There was an instrumental music playing softly in the place that made her nerves relaxed, helping her to think straight.

She ordered for a single bottle of Sub zero and reflected on what had happened earlier.
In her mind, she already knew that the Sebastian matriarch disliked her but it never crossed her mind that she would stoop that low. She sabotaged the dinner by inviting Darcy and deliberately, discussed the business trip, if you can call it that, in front of her.

The gorgeous biologist shook her head with these thoughts. Bianca Sebastian was a force to reckon with, was she ready for this?

Will this all be worth it? She asked herself inwardly.

"It will be worth it! It's for Timothy for Christ sake!" A tiny voice in her head nagged.

Suddenly, she thought of Tatay Leo's words. "Rough times." It echoed inside her again and again.

Is this it? She asked herself again.

"This is just the beginning, Sab! And I'm pretty sure there are still lots to come but you can do it, you're a tough cookie! You have to be brave." She whispered to herself encouragingly.

She raised the bottle to her lips and took a big gulp from it. The hot sweet taste of the liquor burned her throat slightly but she didn't winced at all, she welcomed it. In fact, she even liked it a little. The young biologist patted herself mentally and took another swig from the bottle.

"Change are inevitable and if this is part of the change, I'll gratefully and bravely accept." She continued to talk to herself unaware that several sets of eyes were watching her now.

A man from one of the tables saw her as she stepped into the bar's premise but he was not allowed to go near her. The formidable lawyer's threat was real and he couldn't afford to take chances.

The De la Vega's were powerful so it would be unwise to anger them. But this opportunity was too precious so he decided to swing his blow on another direction.

Lucas Sanchez took a picture of the lone woman in the bar and sent it to the man who he knew would be greatly affected by the scene he was witnessing right now.

After sending the picture, another idea came to him. No, a video call is a lot more appealing, the curly man thought as he dialed Timothy's mobile number.

∞∞∞

It was almost an hour since Sabina left. The dinner ended as soon as she walked out of the dining hall and all Margaret's effort went down the drain. The young heir tried to run after his girlfriend but he wasn't lucky enough to catch up with her. According to their guard, she was able to get a cab immediately.