Chapter VIII: Sabina's Cradle

It was an early Sunday morning around 6:00 o'clock when a tall young man was seen standing at the entrance of The Thousand Willows in McKinley Hills. The young man was wearing a dark hoodie paired with distressed dark denim and black vans.

His movements seemed tense and uneasy. Uncertainty was written all over his face like he was contemplating on doing something but couldn't. After a few minutes of pacing to and fro, the young man hesitantly slipped inside the huge building and approached the front desk.

Timothy was deeply impressed with the condominium lobby. It was elegantly designed and tastefully decorated. There were few dark couches scattered around while a huge brightly lit chandelier dangled from the extremely high ceiling. In his mind, he agreed with Terrence's theory a normal employee wouldn't be able to afford to live like this.

He approached the doorman since the front desk was still empty. "Good morning, could I possible talk to Miss Sabina De la Vega, please?" He asked politely, wishing that the man would be considerate enough to call his assistant.

The doorman sized him up before responding. "I'm sorry sir but Miss De la Vega is unavailable right now. Please leave the premise at once." The man replied sternly but courteously.

"I am her boss and I really need to talk to her. It's something urgent, work related." He cited his well-thought excuse.

"You can call her unit so you could verify it to her. My name is Timothy Sebastian." He added. He introduced himself thinking that this might unnerve the doorman.

But the doorman remain unfazed, he shook his head several times. "She has a strict order not to be disturbed. I'm sorry sir. Please leave." His tone was kind but it exuded finality.

On the topmost floor, Sabina was still asleep unaware of the moping young man who was patiently sitting inside his vehicle, hoping he would have a chance to talk to her.

After the doorman shooed him out of the lobby, Timothy didn't leave at once. He waited inside his vehicle imploring for miracles that Sabina would somehow appear at the building's entrance and talk to him.

∞∞∞

Sabina loved her new home, she called it the Cradle, it was a bit too much for her, having four big guestrooms, three baths and one huge master's bedroom with it's own bathroom inside it. It was fully furnished and was done perfectly with stone works walls and magnificent lightings.

The penthouse also has a lovely foyer, a spacious living room with ceiling to floor glass walls, a state of the art kitchen customized only for her by Viking and a breathtaking deck overlooking the whole city.

At first, she was overwhelmed with her new ultra luxurious surrounding but she couldn't complain because it was a gift from someone dear to her.

The whole day was spent browsing the net for a new job. She also checked the Sunday paper classified ads. Honestly, she was quite settled with her current job but she knew deep inside that she could no longer work with Timothy. It was simply not worth it, the last thing she wanted right now was another problem especially if the problem involved a bitchy girlfriend.

She felt a twinge in her chest, knowing that she would no longer see her moody boss, she would no longer hear his voice and his annoying but endearing habits. She would also miss Terrence, he was a bit cocky but the man was certainly nice.

Her musing was interrupted by a loud ringing although, she didn't remember turning on her cell phone. She got up from her hub and grabbed her phone. She saw the name flashing from the screen so she tapped the answer icon and proceeded onto the large deck.