Chapter XL: Four's a Crowd

The week passed in blur since everyone were beyond busy. The hard hat team has totally demolished the main building and was now laying down new and sturdier foundation, good for twelve-storey-high hotel building.

Dylan had been a huge pain in the ass for Terrence the whole week, he was constantly bugging him about the petite biologist. He was asking everything about her, birthdate, favorites, hobbies and even her dating history. And all these signs made Terrence worry.

As a healthy male and a straight man, he knew that Dylan and Timothy has the same interest in Sabina. And honestly, he too, had been tempted countless times but he chose not to act on it since he knew that only Timothy owns Sabina's heart, up until this very moment.

After his phone conversation with his best friend, the two realized that Dylan was out to win Sabina but he was sure that it would greatly affect the man's will power and determination if he knew the couple's history.

Timothy was scheduled to arrive on Sunday night so he was beyond surprised when at dawn break on a Saturday morning, he found him standing in front of his bedroom door with tatay Leo.

"Man?! I thought you'll be here tomorrow night?" He asked while rubbing his eyes due to sleepiness.

"Good morning, tay Leo." He greeted the old man as soon as he noticed his presence.

The old man nodded his head and smiled kindly. "I'll leave you two now, breakfast will be served at the shoreline around seven. See you two there." He turned around and stalked back where they came from.

The two will be sharing a room so Timothy passed the still sleepy Terrence and began to unpack. On the other hand, the kind engineer stepped inside the bathroom and did his morning rituals.

"What time did you leave Manila?" Terrence asked as he got out of the minute room.

The young heir hanged the last of his clothes before he responded. "Around two AM, I think. Mang Tony took me to the pier in Batangas city so I could catch the first trip of the water jet." He replied as he sank down to his own bed.

Originally, Timothy was planning to sleep even a couple of hours but as soon as he arrived at the resort his pulse started firing up. Deep in his mind, she could already feel Sabina's presence and every fiber of himself was itching to see the feisty petite lady but his pride was strongly denying it.

"What time do you start your day here?" The young heir asked his best friend.

Terrence was now in his undershirt and a pair of khaki trousers, he raised his eyes and stared at the young heir. "By seven o'clock , you should be ready because that's the time for breakfast, we eat all together including Sab. It was her idea that it would be good if we eat together to start our day." He explained thoroughly.

"You mean, I get to see her right away? As in later at breakfast?" He asked in a sarcastic tone. "Freakin' great!"

The kind engineer chuckled. "Man, really?" He teased.

"She was scheduled to have a dive today with Nan and the boys and I really don't know if she will be there." He added in a much serious tone.

While nodding his head, Timothy stretched and lay flat on his bed. "I advised you take a half hour nap, man. I'll be right back and wake you up when it's time." The man with almond-shaped eyes suggested.