Chapter XXXVII: I do

"Man, I can't do this anymore! I need to see her, to talk to her. How come I stayed like this after months of our separation while she had moved on quite quickly. I never wanted us to end up like this but she had decided without listening to me and afterwards, she completely erased me out of her life." Timothy complained in a desperate tone.

Terrence Jade Leonardo looked at his best friend with sympathy. He had been like this since he saw his ex fiancée a week ago. "Dude, you need to respect her decision. Your relationship had brought so much trouble and pain to Sabina so you can't fully blame her." He stated.

The two men were currently sitting inside Timothy's office, both nursing bottles of cold Corona. It was already quarter past 5 but they have no plans of going home yet.

"I know but man, this is slowly killing me. Couldn't she tell?" The young heir confessed, eyes glassy and voice shaking.

"It appears that I'm nothing to her now? How can she do that?" He continued to rant.

The man with almond-shaped eyes studied his best friend's appearance, the young CEO eye bags were darker and thicker than normal and this past few days, he had noticed that the young man was quite ill-tempered and overly anxious.

"I know this will sound like prying but man, didn't you two talk before the break up? What happened during those talks?" Terrence inquired. Honestly, the man knew nothing about the break up. The young CEO didn't share much about it.

If Timothy decided to tell now, this will be the first time they'll talk about this. His best friend had bern very secretive about their separation and to show respect Terrence didn't dare ask until now.

The young CEO let out a defeated sigh before he opened his mouth. "There was never a talk, it's always an argument. At first, she claimed that she understood but in the end it turned out that it was too much for her. She can't understand my responsibilities and the things I needed to do." He revealed.

"Tim, weeks of absence without calling can really make one confuse. Man, I saw Sabina during all those weeks and I can attest that she did her best to comprehend what's happening. But knowing that it was Darcy, was a little too much for her and you know what? I think it's perfectly normal to have a reaction like hers." Terrence defended the petite lady.

Slowly, the young CEO nodded his head. "That part I can understand now but what about the lies? She didn't tell me who she really is." He said, still deeply hurt with Sabina's unexplainable behavior.

The young engineer also found Sabina's behavior a little odd but he knew she has her reasons. "Man, did you ask about her status?" He asked.

Timothy remained quiet, he just creased his forehead in confusion as he threw Terrence a questioning glance.

"What I meant was, did you ask if she's well off or not, her financial status?" Immediately, he rephrased his question.

"No, of course not! That would sound very wrong and it's extremely awkward and inappropriate." The young CEO answered instantly.

"Exactly! It would also be very awkward and inappropriate for Sabina to tell you that she is filthy rich. Sabina is a humble woman, you should have realized that by now." Came Terrence's reasonable words again.