Chapter IV: Soft but Unyielding

Sabina entered a gigantic building in the middle of the busiest district of Makati. The lobby was impressive, with its granite interior and sophisticated reception area. The foyer was brightly lit and the dark furnishings made it more intimidating.

She went straight to the 32nd floor and stepped in a huge office. She walked towards the smiling front desk personnel. "Good morning. Is Miss Belle Alonzo in?" She asked politely.

Warmly, the woman in the reception area greeted her back. "Good morning ma'am, Miss Belle is currently with the CEO but I'll take you to her office now. Follow me please." She ushered her on the north wing of the floor without asking any question and have her seated on a comfy dark leather couch inside a spacious, carpeted glass room.

Sabina noticed an elegantly looking desk in the far corner of the room but it was empty. "This must be the executive assistant's corner." She whispered to herself.

Facing the couches was a dark closed door. The room was decorated tastefully with expensive art pieces. Her eyes widened when she saw one painting of Ben Cabrera.

Wow! Sabina was impressed, it was obvious that the CEO was an advocate of pure native talent.

After a few minutes, the door opened and a stern looking, elderly woman emerged from the previously closed room. She was carrying several files in her arms and reading what looks like a memo sitting on top of the files.

At first she didn't noticed the petite young woman so Sabina stood up, ready to approached the older woman. This must be Miss Belle, she thought.

As though she heard her thoughts, the older woman looked up and opened her mouth. "Yes?" The woman asked in her kind voice as she locked her gaze on the standing woman and studied her appearance.

Good thing, she put real effort on her ensemble today. She wanted to look her best and she wanted to look a bit older than her age.

She cleared her throat quietly before speaking. "Good morning ma'am. I am looking for Miss Belle, I'm Maria Sabina de la Vega and I'm here for the interview." She annunciated pleasantly.

"I'm Belle, if you don't mind Miss Dela Vega, how old are you?" The woman inquired, still looking at Sabina appraisingly.

The young woman smiled, she was expecting the question. "I turned 24 last March ma'am." She responded.

Belle Alonzo had been with the company for more than three decades, she had been the executive assistant of the father of the current CEO. She took pride in her work and now that she was about to retire she vowed to look for an efficient substitute.

She surveyed the child-woman in front of her, she was about her height but she looked so young. She's wearing a dark wide leg trousers and white, fitted, button down dress shirt with black stiletto. She had her hair in a bun showing her long, delicate neck and shoulders. And despite her cosmopolitan get up, she still appeared eighteen or nineteen years old, in her eyes.

She must admit that whole ensemble was sleek and impressive and it made the woman look a little older but since she was wearing light make up, her face showed how young she was.

"Are you sure, you're 24 years old?" She asked doubtfully, agreeing with Margaret's words and standard. The young woman in front of her was really beautiful, stunning and striking.

"Yes ma'am. I have a copy of my birth certificate with me. I can give you a copy if you need one." Sabina volunteered politely.

Belle shook her head. "It's all right. Are you knowledgeable with power point, excel, one note, publisher and word?" She queried.